Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The last game

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So, looking ahead to next :)wink:) Sunday.

The majority of the football world will surely be watching us and if we can grab a point, or more, we will have played a positive and active roll in where the EPL trophy goes. A result against Man City will mean we will have played a big part in the thrills and spills of the destination of the title and the final day as a whole. We will also sign off our own season on a very positive note. I want Liverpool to win the title but my point is more about us playing our part on the final day and putting in a good performance in front of the world’s media. From my experience the game alone has put Brighton in people’s minds. Let’s put on a show for them as well. City fans seem to think 3 points is a done deal.....

It’s been a difficult few months but my football mojo is back.

Who else is excited?

I’m more concerned that amongst the hype I hope the quality your 3 course 1901 meal isn’t compromised?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hope we don't embarrass ourselves. Not really bothered about the result especially (although I do want City to win the league) but I just want us not to be completely inept and lose 8-0 or similar. If only because then there'd be a full summer of "shouldn't even be in the league", "terrible club" etc. from elsewhere.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If penalty decisions "Even themselves out over the season", then I can see Glenn hitting a double hat-trick on Sunday.

I’d let Ali J take the 6th. And then hope he runs over to the away support and gives it the Liam Gallagher “come ons”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m more concerned that amongst the hype I hope the quality your 3 course 1901 meal isn’t compromised?

Not going to happen....as I’m lunching at Cin Cin. :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he's pre ordered vienna shnitzel mitt sauer kraut und borsche......even the 1901 staff couldn't adulterate that .....could they ...???

It’s all about the rabbit crochette on Sunday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
he's pre ordered vienna shnitzel mitt sauer kraut und borsche......even the 1901 staff couldn't adulterate that .....could they ...???

It’s Wiener and mit has just a single t. Otherwise pretty good. Not sure what what mean by adulterate though.

For the first time since 1983 (or arguably in our entire history) the whole football world is genuinely watching Brighton and Hove Albion.
The global audience for the 1983 final would only have been a fraction of that which saw us in the 2019 semi. In fact it would have been so even without internet streaming because since then, there has been a huge reduction in third world poverty resulting in literally billions more people being able to afford a television (or if they had to choose, I would think nearly all would go for a smartphone) .

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sunday will be my final game at the Amex as I've not renewed my ST, so would love to go out on a high and see a decent performance & result from the team. Only problem is, we had an email last night saying our son has got into the Sussex CCC u13 squad - and their first game is this Sunday at home to Kent...it looks like it'll be the radio for me instead!

Is that a code for " I've sold my ticket to a City fan and don't care if I get banned ha ha"

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Liverpool showed last night how to tame a team that was supposedly better than them - pressing high up the pitch every opposing player when they got the ball. So we have to do the same to City - pressing the opposition can be a great leveller and gives us the best chance of getting something from this game.

The whole world will be watching and I really want us to come away with the same level of credit we got from the Arsenal game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Liverpool supporting colleague couldn't stop screaming at me today. (he's one of 'those' that puts flags and scarfs around the TV)

By the end of the day I'm now not entirely sure but he might just think I'm playing. :lolol:

'You do this for me', 'you make sure you win' 'you tell everyone to win for me' etc etc etc. :facepalm:

Still I told if I :shrug: do win on Sunday the least he can do is by me a cake.
To which he replied:-

'I will buy you the biggest ever cake and only you can eat it'.

Which is nice.
I'm now quite excited for the game, which is also nice.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Liverpool showed last night how to tame a team that was supposedly better than them - pressing high up the pitch every opposing player when they got the ball. So we have to do the same to City - pressing the opposition can be a great leveller and gives us the best chance of getting something from this game.

The whole world will be watching and I really want us to come away with the same level of credit we got from the Arsenal game.

Brilliant idea press high up the pitch and leave Sterling, Silva and Aguero effectively one on one with our defenders with lots of space behind the back 4 to run into. Still, at least Bournemouth won't be the holders of the largest away win at the Amex anymore.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Liverpool supporting colleague couldn't stop screaming at me today. (he's one of 'those' that puts flags and scarfs around the TV)

By the end of the day I'm now not entirely sure but he might just think I'm playing. :lolol:

'You do this for me', 'you make sure you win' 'you tell everyone to win for me' etc etc etc. :facepalm:

Still I told if I :shrug: do win on Sunday the least he can do is by me a cake.
To which he replied:-

'I will buy you the biggest ever cake and only you can eat it'.

Which is nice.
I'm now quite excited for the game, which is also nice.

Do you run the Boring James Milner twitter account?

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Come on Brighton , go for it , they don't like it up 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here