Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Eurovision Song Contest 2019 - The Official Thread & Sweepstake

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
https://youtu.be/iEEuG5XML-A

Anthemic pop with gospel overtones for Sweden - I've a feeling this could do quite well.

Apparently the guy who wrote and performs this also co-wrote the UK entry.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It’s all about CYPR.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Amazing, I have never won anything in my life in any kind draw or raffle and that ain't gonna change any time soon.
Check Republic are noted for being tone deaf FFS.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have a question

Given its a Sweepstakes - What do I win, and to be honest I got Azerbaijan and by no stretch of the imagination is Azerbaijan in Europe. Not sure if the song that good or not either

That aside - When I win. What do I win ?

Do I have to pay to take part because I don't see how I can win if I haven't paid an entry fee yet. Or is it just ''Bragging Rights'' on NSC ?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I have a question

Given its a Sweepstakes - What do I win, and to be honest I got Azerbaijan and by no stretch of the imagination is Azerbaijan in Europe. Not sure if the song that good or not either

Do I have to pay to take part because I don't see how I can win if I haven't paid an entry fee yet. Or is it just ''Bragging Rights'' on NSC ?

As is the case with all NSC sweepstakes, it's purely for fun.

There's no entry fee and no prize other than the "bragging rights" you mention above. [emoji106]

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Check Republic are noted for being tone deaf FFS.

Yep, I'm married to a Check and spend a lot of time there. You have no chance. The music is god damn fecking awful. They have this music channel called Slagr TV and it is always hilarious to watch. Always traditionally dressed and singing bollox in a field.

Even Mrs Mac takes the piss.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I have a question

I want to win this title desperately. To hold this and the rugby 6 nations prediction title in the same year would be my greatest achievement yet.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
These are the bets I've gone with:

Eurovision.JPG

Poland and Australia clearly the best songs so that's where most of my money's gone. I don't have the balls to let the bets ride though so I'll cash out way before the end of the contest!

Attachments

• Eurovision.JPG
    Eurovision.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 115

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Christ on a bike. Just listened to the UK entry. So feckin boring. Why is it we produce fantastic music but when it comes to Eurovision, we churn out such piles of poo?

All been rubbish since Save Your Kisses for Me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Semi Final 1 (Tuesday 14th May)

CYPRUS ("Replay" by Tamta): [MENTION=20]Publius Ovidius[/MENTION]
MONTENEGRO ("Heaven" by D mol): [MENTION=33633]Me and my Monkey[/MENTION]
FINLAND: ("Look Away" by Darude feat. Sebastian Rejman): [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION]
POLAND ("Fire Of Love (Pali sie)" by Tulia): [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]
SLOVENIA ("Sebi" by Zala Kralj & Gasper Santl): [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION]
CZECH REPUBLIC ("Friend Of A Friend" by Lake Malawi): [MENTION=21314]Raleigh Chopper[/MENTION]
HUNGARY ("Az en apam" by Joci Papai): [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION]
BELARUS: ("Like It" by ZENA): [MENTION=847]Knightsworld[/MENTION]
SERBIA ("Kruna" by Nevena Bozovic): [MENTION=17022]Surrey Phil[/MENTION]
BELGIUM ("Wake Up" by Eliot): [MENTION=19891]wunt be druv[/MENTION]
GEORGIA ("Keep On Going" by Oto Nemsadze): [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION]
AUSTRALIA: ("Zero Gravity" by Kate Miller-Heidke): [MENTION=5306]Questions[/MENTION]
ICELAND ("Hatrio mun sigra" by Hatari): [MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION]
ESTONIA ("Storm" by Victor Crone): [MENTION=34149]JakyBF[/MENTION]
PORTUGAL ("Telemoveis" by Conan Osiris): [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION]
GREECE ("Better Love" by Katerine Duska): [MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION]
SAN MARINO ("Say Na Na Na" by Serhat): [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION]

First semi-final, with all of the above fighting for the first 10 qualification places for Saturday's final, is tonight at 2000 BST, live on BBC Four.

[emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here