Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool, champions league

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This result, and our Arsenal performance, has really energised and re-focussed my interest in the City game.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
The single most brilliant game of footie I have ever seen!!!!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh look, another big game where Lionel Messi didn't turn up.

Greatest player of his generation, y'know.

I have never said Messi doesn't turn up mate, please quote me. I just enjoyed a right fest of footy tonight.

Sincere apologies, I got muddled. It was A1X.

But you did suggest Barca are a bit slack in Europe with just 5 CLs to their name :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just thought I'd check flights Liverpool to Madrid for the final. Easyjet £930!! I wonder how much they were last night?
Cheapest was a flight going via Luxemboug and Lisbon out and Tangier & Bordeaux back. 4 stops and still £300

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yes you’re right, just checked. That would have royally pissed off the 4th placed team in the Premier if that ever happened Birdie.

I read it the other day. Basically if an English team wins UCL and Europa and neither are in the top 4, the 4th place team loses out. Presumably, if Liverpool or spurs win the UCL, they are already in the top 4, so no place lost apart from the UCL place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just thought I'd check flights Liverpool to Madrid for the final. Easyjet £930!! I wonder how much they were last night?
Cheapest was a flight going via Luxemboug and Lisbon out and Tangier & Bordeaux back. 4 stops and still £300

As you live in Brighton, maybe check Gatwick. It will save you a bit of a drive.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Real fans would have booked it yesterday.
You pay the price for aftertiming.
Which is why I lost my open Gdansk return fare that I booked up in January for next season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I can't decide if their comeback in the 2005 was more 'ultimate' or not. 3-0 down at half-time and looking crap. Total turn-around in one half.

You have to hand it to them. Once is amazing, twice??

Is it because they are MORE than a football club? Amazing what can be done with a 500M squad.

Lots of love for a club that tried to nick Ben White off us for nothing last summer.

That said, I'd happily hand them the title.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Is it because they are MORE than a football club? Amazing what can be done with a 500M squad.

Lots of love for a club that tried to nick Ben White off us for nothing last summer.

That said, I'd happily hand them the title.

You're right.
I simply cannot believe they tried to sign one of our players. SCUM!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This result, and our Arsenal performance, has really energised and re-focussed my interest in the City game.

Yes, can relate to this. Totally relieved after Cardiff loss to Palace but Albion and general football mojo were just a little low. Now really up for Sunday and just that slight chance we could piddle on the Manc chips in front of an audience of millions.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It reminded me of Istanbul 2005 when Liverpool won from 0-3 at half time. Hats of to Liverpool, England's most successful club in Europe. Anfield does create a special atmosphere on these occasions.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It reminded me of Istanbul 2005 when Liverpool won from 0-3 at half time. Hats of to Liverpool, England's most successful club in Europe. Anfield does create a special atmosphere on these occasions.

Atmosphere was incredible, even watching on tv.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Clearly you don't know how it happened then.

I don't have a great deal of time for Liverpool FC or anything Scouse for that matter.
But you can't take anything away from that performance tonight.
As a football fan it was one of 'those' matches.
There fans will be unbearable though, and they ain't won nothing yet, as Shankley said if you are second you are nothing and they could well come second in 2 competitions and tonight will be forgotten.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I missed the lot, rehearsing for a gig on Sat, highlights anywhere yet?

Agree about late season performances and reinvigorating some fight , for whooping Saudi oil ***** on Sunday. It's not real Man City's fault, but the minority suffer as usual. UTA.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here