Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool, champions league

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
They’re Scouse not English by their own declaration.

Klopp is very, very, very good manager, I like him. He has built and coached a very, very, very good football team. I just wish they were called something else and based somewhere else.

He's tactical play, the set pieces, the movement, and his coaching are all unbelievable.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A bit harsh considering his goal scoring record against England's big 6. Only 3 players have scored more and he hasn't even played a single league game here!

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

To be fair, they are good in their country, like the monkey tennis league oop norf. But they do prove themselves in everything but the European cup. Still a mile behind Madrid. Liverpool support tonight was immense, I went there when it was a morgue, toignt they were the 12th man... immense. That 4th goal, cheeky.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Klopp is very, very, very good manager, I like him. He has built and coached a very, very, very good football team. I just wish they were called something else and based somewhere else.

Just enjoy a very good game of football tonight fella.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You really and truly are a miserable ****.

Stumpy Tim

Liverpool winning reopens the possibility of Spurs or Chelsea finishing 4th and missing out on the Champions League doesn't it?

If Liverpool and Arsenal win those trophies then *I think* whoever finishes 4th out of Spurs and Chelsea will miss out.

It'll happen to Spurs won't it? Lol

Don’t see how Liverpool winning changes anything?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
They are unbelievable. People will probably get fed up of the 'scouse love in' and be pleased when/if City win the league. Much prefer watching Liverpool than Abu Dhabi FC. Come on Albion on Sunday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing turnaround but you could see the fear in the Barcelona players when they are outclassed

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I started listening to the European football nights on Radio 2 with Bryon Butler and Peter Jones commentaries under the covers 45 years ago. I still have the little radio. Watching Liverpool tonight brought back the memories. But tonight was the most wonderful one of all.

Worth watching the highlights on Sportsnight !!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why can some people not just enjoy football and if you did watch, simply accept that was one of the best games you'll ever see?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Can Barca have any complaints about the winning goal? There was almost a bit of gamesmanship going on with the ball being changed without anyone noticing and then TAA taking it quickly. Will be interested to know what the rule is regarding quick corners.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can Barca have any complaints about the winning goal? There was almost a bit of gamesmanship going on with the ball being changed without anyone noticing and then TAA taking it quickly. Will be interested to know what the rule is regarding quick corners.

The ball didn't get changed.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh yes, you're right.

So if Spurs and Arsenal win their competitions does it mean Chelsea miss out of they finish 4th?

If Liverpool win it but had not got a top four finish in the Premier League and Arsenal were to win the Europa Cup could it have been feasible to have had 6 teams in the Champions League the following season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Shit, damn, oh well, never mind!
Best game of football I have seen in 55 years.
Well done you reds.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The sheer beauty and passion of football.

Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.
If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.
A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.
Bill Shankly:clap2:

Busby, Paisley, Shankly and Stein, all football gods, came from tough mining backgrounds. Never forgetting their roots, they did it all for the people, the supporters. The brilliant Hugh McIlvanney covered a lot of this in his 1997 TV series about the Scottish three.

And people talk about a load of politicians having ‘charisma’ :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here