Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool, champions league

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Oh yes, you're right.

So if Spurs and Arsenal win their competitions does it mean Chelsea miss out of they finish 4th?

Sent from my SM-J610FN using Tapatalk

No.

If Spurs finished 5th and won CL & Arsenal finished 6th & won EL then only top 3 would qualify for CL. As Spurs will finish at least 4th then not an issue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’d like it for Liverpool to now go and win the league. They’re some team, and if they win it means we will have got at least a point against City.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No.

If Spurs finished 5th and won CL & Arsenal finished 6th & won EL then only top 3 would qualify for CL. As Spurs will finish at least 4th then not an issue.
But if Spurs overtake Chelsea, that would mean Chelsea not qualifying if Arsenal won that competition?

Please say yes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If Liverpool win it but had not got a top four finish in the Premier League and Arsenal were to win the Europa Cup could it have been feasible to have had 6 teams in the Champions League the following season.

No,a max of 5.

And that was a helluva game.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite. The idea Messi oesnt turn up for big games is utter nonsense.
Watching Messi tonight it's incredible what he does, even if the move(s) don't always come to much. He often starts way behind the halfway line, ambling along and before you know it he is right where the ball is.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That was the ULTIMATE comeback, the ultimate big European night, a club in perfect harmony. Hats off to you Jurgen Klopp, you've built something special there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He had a couple of near misses in the first half, their most dangerous player

And also played the two best passes of the game. He is the greatest player ever and anyone who criticises him for not turning up to big games (3 champions league finals, 3 wins, 2 goals, 2 man of the match performances) has clearly missed most of his career and is just talking shit.

His team just got totally outplayed tonight and no one player could have turned that around.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That was the ULTIMATE comeback, the ultimate big European night, a club in perfect harmony. Hats off to you Jurgen Klopp, you've built something special there.

In fairness, it’s not. They’ve done it before on numerous occasions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And 5 times in their history. Real piss all over them.

But your point was Messi doesn’t turn up for big games? Not sure what this has to do with it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Worth watching the highlights on Sportsnight !!

I've still got the radio. One of my most valued possessions. I remember listening to Forest v Albion on it in the 1978 League Cup. I used to put the ear piece in so my parents would think I was sleeping. Sneaking down and watching Sports Night may have been pushing it.....

20190507_213529.jpg

I'd like to get it restored as it doesn't appear to be functional now but I'm too worried it would be damaged in the process. I wouldn't know who to approach anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here