Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool, champions league

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Watching Messi tonight it's incredible what he does, even if the move(s) don't always come to much. He often starts way behind the halfway line, ambling along and before you know it he is right where the ball is.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Impossible to fairly tackle Messi, even three good players from any opposition, cannot achieve it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No,a max of 5.

And that was a helluva game.

Yes you’re right, just checked. That would have royally pissed off the 4th placed team in the Premier if that ever happened Birdie.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
What an amazing game. Football always throws up surprises.

Sunday anyone?

Fantastic performance from Liverpool, and I didn’t think Barca played that badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Klopp's interview was fantastic. Stood there with a cheesy grin like a fan who can't explain what has happened, dropping the 'f' bomb and then stumbling upon a near perfect summation of what football is all about. I've just wound it back to quote it properly:

"There are more important things in the world, but creating this kind of emotional atmosphere together is so special."

He's spot on. Shared emotional experience is what makes it the greatest game in the world. His words took me right back to the Amex on the night of our promotion.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Wow, I cant believe that just happened. Liverpool with no Salah or Firmino. Football miracles do happen now that 28-1 on Albion to beat Man City on Sunday looks tempting

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Making them the joint 3rd most successful side in the history of the competition. In your eyes they haven't proved themselves in Europe? :ffsparr:

True, but just imagine how successful they’d have been if Messi didn’t choke in the big games :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And also played the two best passes of the game. He is the greatest player ever and anyone who criticises him for not turning up to big games (3 champions league finals, 3 wins, 2 goals, 2 man of the match performances) has clearly missed most of his career and is just talking shit.

His team just got totally outplayed tonight and no one player could have turned that around.

Second best player ever. His compatriot won the World Cup single handedly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Sunday anyone?

Fantastic performance from Liverpool, and I didn’t think Barca played that badly.

There is no way we’ll draw score or remotely win against City! Where’s Liverpool have done this sort of thing time and time again. Oh, and spent Billions to do so!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That was the ULTIMATE comeback, the ultimate big European night, a club in perfect harmony. Hats off to you Jurgen Klopp, you've built something special there.

I can't decide if their comeback in the 2005 was more 'ultimate' or not. 3-0 down at half-time and looking crap. Total turn-around in one half.

You have to hand it to them. Once is amazing, twice??

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can't decide if their comeback in the 2005 was more 'ultimate' or not. 3-0 down at half-time and looking crap. Total turn-around in one half.

You have to hand it to them. Once is amazing, twice??

Roma. St Etienne. Dortmund. Athens.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Sunday anyone?

Blows you away sometimes to watch that happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here