Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBizzle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, although I'd also argue that Skalak also performed for us... Especially in his first season. He just tailed off badly and was replaced by better in the second.
    He did for a period, but remember that he was not sidelined until we reached the PL. I don't think you can really argue with anybody who felt he was short of the attributes to contribute at this level.
    The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wozza View Post
      I hope so too, but it's worrying that he's not shown even a glimpse of promise. No assists and not even a single notable bit of skill. (Assume he looks better in training)

Great facial hair, though.
      I seem to remember a great shot of his that hit the bar. Can't remember when though.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      He did for a period, but remember that he was not sidelined until we reached the PL. I don't think you can really argue with anybody who felt he was short of the attributes to contribute at this level.
      Oh absolutely. He was a solid Championship player and nothing more, but he also never played for us in the PL. His battering he took came the season we got promoted.
      Eternally hopeful...
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Barnes was entirely a different case.

Barnes DID perform, and for whatever reason a portion of the fan-base just didn't take to him. Bizarre really.

The lad succeeded at every level he played for the club. 4 goals in 9 on loan at the end of 09/10. 20 goals in the promotion season of 10/11. Top scorer (14) in the first Championship season, ahead of the big money CMS. And all despite regularly being stuck out wide left.

Well there are some on here who would like to see the back of Glen Murray even though he is our top scorer in The Premier League. Some fans just can't look past players faults and not see what that player actually bring to the game, although I think the 'fault ' some believe Glen Murray has is that he played for Palace, which is small minded IMHO
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

1 Not allowed!
      I agree, although I'd also argue that Skalak also performed for us... Especially in his first season. He just tailed off badly and was replaced by better in the second.
      The rewriting of Skalak's Albion career on here was a bit ridiculous.

He was very good from January onward the first half season, then decent the season after that. He tailed off badly in his second full season but everyone completely forgot that he was a vital part of the squad before that, and most seem to just remember him as being poor.
      Last edited by Mellotron; 08-05-2019 at 17:18.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      PL defensive midfield sitters don’t necessarily need exceptional pace; game awareness and positioning is more important.

Wide players do need pace, except possibly exceptional FB’s of a ‘grand’ age - Maldini and Bruno.

But AJ might still cut it. It’s too harsh to judge him after one stop-start season.
      Literally the last attribute a sitting DM needs is pace.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      Well there are some on here who would like to see the back of Glen Murray even though he is our top scorer in The Premier League. Some fans just can't look past players faults and not see what that player actually bring to the game, although I think the 'fault ' some believe Glen Murray has is that he played for Palace, which is small minded IMHO
      Glenn's PACE is his clear shortcoming. If anyone WANTS a stick to beat him with, there's really no need to stoop to the Palace thing.

But he's a brilliant pro - hardly ever out injured, which is incredible given his age and the physical demands of his game, and the guy has just scored his TWO HUNDREDTH senior goal, on his 400th start. Anyone who wouldn't want a striker with that record, at least as an option, is ODD.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Glenn's PACE is his clear shortcoming. If anyone WANTS a stick to beat him with, there's really no need to stoop to the Palace thing.

But he's a brilliant pro - hardly ever out injured, which is incredible given his age and the physical demands of his game, and the guy has just scored his TWO HUNDREDTH senior goal, on his 400th start. Anyone who wouldn't want a striker with that record, at least as an option, is ODD.
      Completely agree but there is always one or two. Especially in the case of Murray, Barnes, Bong, Knocky, Ryan, Propper, Gross, Jahanabash, March, Bruno (no sorry not Bruno), Andone, Skalak, ect ect infinitum
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!

3 Not allowed!
      He is also still the current owner of The Greatest Goal Ever Scored at the Amex.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Grassman View Post
      “F*ck off Codner!”
      Wasn't it:-

'why don't you f**k off back to where you came from, Codnor"
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.