Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The seven worst signings in the Premier League this season

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I had a name in my head.

I was right.

It might be a marginal view, but I just cannot see what he’s given us.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm never one to boo or criticise openly, but we can't have passengers like we did this year. There's only so much our Championship old guard can do.

I do hope he improves next season. After the infamous thread of his, back in August, I was really looking forward to him tearing the league a new one, but it never happened.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is it just limited to players. :whistle:

scooter1

How soon is now?
It is a worry that a player with such success in one season, can be so bang average the next. I wasn’t aware until I read it, that he didn’t manage an assist either. I hope a good pre-season gets him off and running next season, but I fear we will take a massive loss on him at some point

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They probably could have just put seven Fulham players.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hopefully a summer of rest will do AJ a lot of good an we'll start to see what he's about next season? World Cup, big money move and injuries couldn't have helped I guess?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hopefully a summer of rest will do AJ a lot of good an we'll start to see what he's about next season? World Cup, big money move and injuries couldn't have helped I guess?

I hope so too, but it's worrying that he's not shown even a glimpse of promise. No assists and not even a single notable bit of skill. (Assume he looks better in training)

Great facial hair, though.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I hope he proves us wrong next season but even he must be disappointed with his form this year - utter gash!

Maybe put him on eBay for 50p - I am sure that worked a treat a few years ago?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope so too, but it's worrying that he's not shown even a glimpse of promise. No assists and not even a single notable bit of skill. (Assume he looks better in training)

This.

I know I've hammered him on his own thread but I've said a couple of times on there that I don't WANT him to be bad. I want him to prove us all wrong because then we'd have a fantastic player scoring goals and we all want that. But the worrying thing is he looks like he doesn't have the physical attributes for Premier League football. Not enough pace or strength. Because of that he loses out or goes missing which must have eventually whacked his confidence. I don't reckon he backs himself to show a piece of skill right now.

Needs a season long loan somewhere less challenging and then to come back with confidence and a full pre-season with us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

When I finally got round to watching the Arsenal game on MotD I was surprised to see Ali at the heart of the Albion's only first half attack.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
it's worrying that he's not shown even a glimpse of promise. No assists and not even a single notable bit of skill.

Albion could’ve broken the deadlock in emphatic fashion after Jahanbakhsh cut in off the left and saw his right-footed strike cannon back off the crossbar, with Jonas Lossl standing motionless in the Huddersfield goal.

Assume you missed the home game against Huddersfield otherwise you would have seen this that justifies the transfer fee alone

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It is a worry that a player with such success in one season, can be so bang average the next. I wasn’t aware until I read it, that he didn’t manage an assist either. I hope a good pre-season gets him off and running next season, but I fear we will take a massive loss on him at some point

Yeah this.

At the moment he's third best winger to two of our championship squad.
There have been a few glimpses of what he can do, so I think there is still a chance he will come good.
Others have said that he isn't a winger, so not entirely sure what the plan is with him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hope he proves us wrong next season but even he must be disappointed with his form this year - utter gash!

Maybe put him on eBay for 50p - I am sure that worked a treat a few years ago?

Yes, the player concerned became player of the season, but it made his family very unhappy.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
This.

I know I've hammered him on his own thread but I've said a couple of times on there that I don't WANT him to be bad. I want him to prove us all wrong because then we'd have a fantastic player scoring goals and we all want that. But the worrying thing is he looks like he doesn't have the physical attributes for Premier League football. Not enough pace or strength. Because of that he loses out or goes missing which must have eventually whacked his confidence. I don't reckon he backs himself to show a piece of skill right now.

Needs a season long loan somewhere less challenging and then to come back with confidence and a full pre-season with us.

Yeah deffo- tbh season long loan then sell and try and recoup some money back- not and will never make Prem imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here