Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potential Transfer Targets

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
A list of available targets I personally think we should be looking at. Opinions welcome let’s make this the summer transfer thread

Free transfers

Mata (United)- rumours flying around. Would love it but just, no.
Cahill (Chelsea) - a quality 3rd option at centre half is desperately needed. From the same mould as Dunk and Duffy
Rafael (Lyon) - Bruno is class but at 38 lets be realistic, rafael would provide an attacking threat with a wealth of experience
Welbeck (Arsenal) - pace and big game experience worth a gamble.
Giroud (Chelsea) - Hughton style focal point that would benefit with finally being the main man in a team

‪General transfer targets‬

‪Che Adams (Birmingham) - quick striker who’s scored goals for fun in a poor Birmingham side. The next Callum Wilson?‬
‪Jack Grealish (Villa) - if they don’t get promoted surely he’s the next out of the door. If given the license to create could prove a shrewd signing. ‬
‪Sandro Tonali (Brescia) - very talented centre mid. Will sit in front of the defence with incredible discipline and control the game. something we’ve lacked since the bridcutt days‬

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some posters really need to stay in their lane. (and keep the stabilisers on)

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Been saying Giroud for a while now.

Won't get a big club come near him anymore, and with his move to Chelsea he turned down a move North, so wants to stay in London, or nearby. Although he'll instantly become our top wage earner, it's the market we need to move in. No use saying we "should be higher in the table with this squad" when actually it's clubs higher in the table like West Ham (roughly where we all seem to think we should be?) that swoop in, sign a player like this and we all shrug saying "well, the wages they can offer, we just can't compete."

I'd also have a run at Rondon. He's only on loan because Ashley baulked at paying £15m for him last summer. Not sure if he's exclusively available to Newcastle at £15m, or whether WBA have just put it out there that £15m is the price. I think he's done a tremendous job leading the line for them this year.

Or let's roll the dice on some talented youngsters at the big clubs. Tammy Abraham at Chelsea, or how about Eddie Nketiah at Arsenal?

If Villa fail in the play-offs, then I'd love to have a run at Grealish.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Out of all of that OP, it's the idea of Cahill coming down here as 3rd choice centre back that I like most.

You did well to avoid the temptation to add the name of a certain Fulham striker though

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Michael Owen?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This bloke's pretty hot when fit.

mo.png

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Che Adams is a decent shout. Strong, fast, scores goals.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Most of those in the top list are unrealistic, as is Grealish with the price tag and Tottenham interest.

Mata would be amazing, great friends with Bruno who signed up to his CommonGoal community. Just can't see it myself. That said, it wasn't so long ago we had a better Spanish player than him...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
A lovely stat about Mr Giroud.

He is THIRD in the all time highest scorers for the French national team.

THIRD.

Rondon should be the one all the lower teams are fighting for.

I'd love to see a HARD ******* come into the squad for central mid. Based on no research at all, I'll suggest...no idea.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Or let's roll the dice on some talented youngsters at the big clubs. Tammy Abraham at Chelsea, or how about Eddie Nketiah at Arsenal?

If Villa fail in the play-offs, then I'd love to have a run at Grealish.

May well have burned his bridges with us with the silly loan fee goings on. Has a LOT of hangers on, apparently

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
May well have burned his bridges with us with the silly loan fee goings on. Has a LOT of hangers on, apparently

Bridges are never burned when it comes to footballers and £££. If we make the best offer he won't turn us down because we baulked at the loan fee last summer.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ignoring superstars and fading stars. Championship punts?

Bradley Dack - gets good press, stepped up from L1 no prob's
Nick Powell - bit of a sick note otherwise very useful
Tom Lawrence - (assumes Derby stay down) doesn't come with the Grealish price tag

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here