Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've just realised my passport is out of date...

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Mine is out of date, and I need a new one. What are the options on how we apply, and how long do the various options take?

My passport recently ran out.
I am going away in late May so I did panic a bit.
No need to panic though, as I did it all online and sent off my old passport, I received e mails and texts on every step of the way, it was a fantastic service and I got my new passport, and then my old passport back in a week and a half.
My new passport is not only red but it's a European Union one, apparently some are red but do not have European Union written on them.
As far as I know there are no blue ones being sent out as, although we have done a deal with the French printers, it's all a cock up, just like Brexit, so if any thickos who need to replace their passport hoping to get a blue one you are out of luck.
If my new passport becomes invalid when we eventually leave, after spending all that dosh, I will refuse point blank if they say I need to get another one.
Hope this all helps.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It wasn't really sarcasm, was it?

It was him trying to gently ask if you wouldn't mind packing in spamming the board with your incredibly dull stream of consciousness..

Cheers

Surely you should have some modicum of decency being a mod?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
giphy.gif

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I always use the Post Office checking system. It's only a few quid extra and they send it off for you. As already mentioned, the Passport Office keeps you up to to date, via text, of your progress.

I renewed in January as I was happy to have an EU passport. My passport was due to expire in July and normally they add the extra months on if you order within the last 6 months life of the passport. This year I didn't get the extra. It ends January 2029. Presumably because of Brexit?

I always use the Post Office checking system. It's only a few quid extra and they send it off for you. As already mentioned, the Passport Office keeps you up to to date, via text, of your progress.

I renewed in January as I was happy to have an EU passport. My passport was due to expire in July and normally they add the extra months on if you order within the last 6 months life of the passport. This year I didn't get the extra. It ends January 2029. Presumably because of Brexit?
The government deliberately kept people in the dark about this change in order to make a few extra quid...
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...hit-out-after-being-given-shorter-than-expec/

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Mine is out of date, and I need a new one. What are the options on how we apply, and how long do the various options take?

I used the online service recently. Painless, quick, efficient, kept informed throughout the process (although they were a little eager reminding me I hadn't sent them my old passport less than 24 hours after I lodged the application). And also slightly cheaper than doing it postal. IMO the post office service will get withdrawn at some point, because the online service is a whole lot better so once enough people realise the bottom line will fall out of the post office business model for passport processing.

Also, just a note on the blue passports: My Aussie one was blue. It makes no difference in how it's used :p. (Oh, and we could have had blue EU ones the whole time. Some polly in the past *chose* to switch to the red when we didn't need to).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I used the online service recently. Painless, quick, efficient, kept informed throughout the process (although they were a little eager reminding me I hadn't sent them my old passport less than 24 hours after I lodged the application). And also slightly cheaper than doing it postal. IMO the post office service will get withdrawn at some point, because the online service is a whole lot better so once enough people realise the bottom line will fall out of the post office business model for passport processing.

Also, just a note on the blue passports: My Aussie one was blue. It makes no difference in how it's used :p. (Oh, and we could have had blue EU ones the whole time. Some polly in the past *chose* to switch to the red when we didn't need to).
Do you upload a digital photo, or post a copy with your passport?

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Do you upload a digital photo, or post a copy with your passport?

Sorry, only just spotted this ... upload a digital photo. Unfortunately they've stuck the instructions on how to obtain a digital photo that will pass within the actual application flow so you have to start the application to get them, but in my case I submitted a digital photo that a work colleague took on my mobile phone while I stood in front of a white wall.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here