Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely you should have some modicum of decency being a mod?
    What, precisely, was indecent?
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Mine is out of date, and I need a new one. What are the options on how we apply, and how long do the various options take?
      I used the online service recently. Painless, quick, efficient, kept informed throughout the process (although they were a little eager reminding me I hadn't sent them my old passport less than 24 hours after I lodged the application). And also slightly cheaper than doing it postal. IMO the post office service will get withdrawn at some point, because the online service is a whole lot better so once enough people realise the bottom line will fall out of the post office business model for passport processing.

Also, just a note on the blue passports: My Aussie one was blue. It makes no difference in how it's used :P. (Oh, and we could have had blue EU ones the whole time. Some polly in the past *chose* to switch to the red when we didn't need to).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Audax View Post
      I used the online service recently. Painless, quick, efficient, kept informed throughout the process (although they were a little eager reminding me I hadn't sent them my old passport less than 24 hours after I lodged the application). And also slightly cheaper than doing it postal. IMO the post office service will get withdrawn at some point, because the online service is a whole lot better so once enough people realise the bottom line will fall out of the post office business model for passport processing.

Also, just a note on the blue passports: My Aussie one was blue. It makes no difference in how it's used :P. (Oh, and we could have had blue EU ones the whole time. Some polly in the past *chose* to switch to the red when we didn't need to).
      Do you upload a digital photo, or post a copy with your passport?
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Do you upload a digital photo, or post a copy with your passport?
      Sorry, only just spotted this ... upload a digital photo. Unfortunately they've stuck the instructions on how to obtain a digital photo that will pass within the actual application flow so you have to start the application to get them, but in my case I submitted a digital photo that a work colleague took on my mobile phone while I stood in front of a white wall.