Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lets be realistic - The Official Dunk and/or Duffy transfer thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sure it'll take a big cheque, or two, but we'd be naive in the extreme to think no other club will be calling Mr Barber this summer.

So who'll be making that call?
How much money will it take to stop the phone being instantly hung up?
and, I think, most intriguingly
Will any club come in for both?

Some how I think Dunk's valuation of £10m, (by one illustrious poster) back in August might be a little off. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon the first bit of big transfer business we'll do will be to give them both stonking new contracts.

True it must seem like hours since Dunk last singed a contract extension.

In fairness though all that will do is guarantee a bigger slice of the transfer pie for the club, not actually stop any transfer.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Let’s get ourselves on the YouTubes and report every Dunk skills video we can find.

If we stop the highlights reel, we stop the transfer. It really is that simple folks

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
If Alderweireld leaves Spurs in the summer, then Spurs could be looking for a centre-back.
Cahill leaving Chelsea, that leaves another hole in their squad, however they could have a transfer embargo.
Arsenal are shambolic at the back, so they could be looking at new additions. Is Dunk are an Arsenal fan? That might be an attractive move for him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Maguire to Man Utd

Leicester phone and put in a joint bid for both.

could see this happening if Maguire goes somewhere.

Be perfect replacement for a club like Leicester. Would improve Dunks England chances.

Reckon 20-25m could get either if they want to go after the bid is in

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Be perfect replacement for a club like Leicester. Would improve Dunks England chances.

Blimey you're cheap.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Most top half PL clubs don’t have to defend like Dunk and Duffy, they keep the ball and don’t let the opposition have countless shots from the edge of the box that require desperate defending.

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
If Alderweireld leaves Spurs in the summer, then Spurs could be looking for a centre-back.
Cahill leaving Chelsea, that leaves another hole in their squad, however they could have a transfer embargo.
Arsenal are shambolic at the back, so they could be looking at new additions. Is Dunk are an Arsenal fan? That might be an attractive move for him.

Dunk is a Chelsea fan.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Arsenal could do worse than come in with a 60m bid for both.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If Maguire is being valued at circa £70m by Leicester, as a number of previous media reports indicate, then we shouldn't be accepting any less than £40/50m for Dunk.

If an average overseas signing is routinely near the £20m mark then anything less than double for an English defender would be unacceptable.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sure it'll take a big cheque, or two, but we'd be naive in the extreme to think no other club will be calling Mr Barber this summer.

So who'll be making that call?
How much money will it take to stop the phone being instantly hung up?
and, I think, most intriguingly
Will any club come in for both?

Some how I think Dunk's valuation of £10m, (by one illustrious poster) back in August might be a little off. :lol:

The obvious candidate being ManUtd who look woefully short of the type of centre halves we have a pair of. Considering they paid:
£31m Lindelof
£34m Bailly
£18m Rojo
£16m Blind

And they sold Michael Keane for £2m :)lolol:)

Given they've paid £65m for Lindelof and Bailly, I think you'd have to have Dunk and Duffy in that bracket or above.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Duffy was at Everton earlier in his career and they're in need of a CB or two with Zouma going back to Chelsea and Jagielka likely to retire, so my made up guess is that they'll make a £30m bid for him.
#footballlogic

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

hahah you must be joking.

Dunk wont go anywhere for less than 40M

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most top half PL clubs don’t have to defend like Dunk and Duffy, they keep the ball and don’t let the opposition have countless shots from the edge of the box that require desperate defending.

This 100%. They're good defenders, heart on the line, blocks etc.... but if you are a Top 6 or even Top 10 side you need a bit more than that and I am not sure if either have that. Could potentially see a mid-table side take a punt if they are desperate

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

But when they do have they pretty much ALL failed miserably.

How much money have 'ball playing' centre backs just cost Utd and Arsenal?

Not to mention City

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I think Duffy is the most likely target of the two and that Southgate has virtually discarded Dunk from his plans, which is good for us

Funnily enough I'd say the exact opposite because of Duffy's limitations on the ball and when faced up with pace. Dunk is the potential top 10 defender for me, whereas Duffy is great at what he does, but very few top teams need out and out stoppers anymore.

It will be very interesting though. And I certainly wouldn't accept less than £40m for either in the current market.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some how I think Dunk's valuation of £10m, (by one illustrious poster) back in August might be a little off. :lol:[/QUOTE]

As you said BACK IN AUGUST his value and standing has risen since then during this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here