Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lets be realistic - The Official Dunk and/or Duffy transfer thread

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
40 million is the current rumour, that will be hard to resist.

If it's true Dunk has a highest earner clause in his contract, then i'd be very interested in offers like that, just to be rid of clauses that potentially hinder future signings.

Dunk is an excellent player for us but is not irreplacable, imagine we were in for a superb player, one that could really make a difference to our team, he fancies the move but wants 25k more than your highest earner, its just possible, that for such a player you would push the boat out but you cant because two or more others would have to have wage rises too.

I have no problem with Dunk being our highest earner as things stand, he is one of our best players, but if clauses like that are holding the club back from signing better players then we need to negotiate a deal without such a clause or sell.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
40 million is the current rumour, that will be hard to resist.
Leicester holding out for 85mil for Maguire if that's true then 40 is too low Maguire is not twice the player Dunk is. The figures are obscene and bear no relationship to reality but what is Dunk value to us, personally if they get 85 then I would not even entertain less than 50?

Absolutely crazy numbers but it's the pond we now swim in.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Leicester holding out for 85mil for Maguire if that's true then 40 is too low Maguire is not twice the player Dunk is. The figures are obscene and bear no relationship to reality but what is Dunk value to us, personally if they get 85 then I would not even entertain less than 50?

That's how I feel but, apparently, Leicester fans should by angry that their club might have to pay even £40M!!

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For a friendly wasn’t it (passed off as ‘had a knock in training’ or something) after Fulham bid £4m for him......2015 ?

Seem to remember him being dropped for a game and took a few games before he got his place back.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I second that. And to be honest, I don't really rate Maguire. I've absolutely no idea how he's being valued at a figure above Van Dijk. If he's worth £85m, I'd be wanting £60m+ for Dunk. But I guess that's part of the transfer circle - one club sells one of their biggest assets and has money to burn, with the result being that the club who own the player they want to replace them with can basically inflate their fee. It's all a game.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I second that. And to be honest, I don't really rate Maguire. I've absolutely no idea how he's being valued at a figure above Van Dijk. If he's worth £85m, I'd be wanting £60m+ for Dunk. But I guess that's part of the transfer circle - one club sells one of their biggest assets and has money to burn, with the result being that the club who own the player they want to replace them with can basically inflate their fee. It's all a game.

I am absolutely with you on Maguire.. I think he flatters to deceive sometimes, because he is reasonable on the ball. Dunk is far closer to both Maguire and Stones in terms of ability than they are to Van Dyke IMO. Not saying that Maguire isn't a good player, just that I am not sure that I would swap him for Dunk, and that I think should be reflected in transfer fees..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am absolutely with you on Maguire.. I think he flatters to deceive sometimes, because he is reasonable on the ball. Dunk is far closer to both Maguire and Stones in terms of ability than they are to Van Dyke IMO. Not saying that Maguire isn't a good player, just that I am not sure that I would swap him for Dunk, and that I think should be reflected in transfer fees..

Nailed it.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Wouldn't be a surprise to see Everton bid for Dunk or Duffy. After releasing both Williams and Jagielka, they're looking thin in the centre-half position.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
IF Dunk is sold this summer. who will Potter get to play out from the back? Not sure any of our exiting centre-halves apart from Dunk can do that. And whilst Ryan is an excellent shot stopper his distribution is poor..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If it's true Dunk has a highest earner clause in his contract
Yeah, but what if, like most rumours, that's just bollox?

imagine we were in for a superb player, one that could really make a difference to our team, he fancies the move but wants 25k more than your highest earner, its just possible, that for such a player you would push the boat out but you cant because two or more others would have to have wage rises too.
Well it would be technically impossible to pay one person £25k more than your highest earner, whilst also making sure another player was also your highest earner.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
IF Dunk is sold this summer. who will Potter get to play out from the back? Not sure any of our exiting centre-halves apart from Dunk can do that. And whilst Ryan is an excellent shot stopper his distribution and is poor..and he does not command the penalty area - too reliant on Dunk and Duffy to deal with the aerial stuff

Amended for yoy

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here