A little longer

overcrowded-bus.jpg

Statistically the very best mode of transportation on the planet

Di8c565WsAEWH7w.jpg

The dream

attachment-image-2b883d9d-bdb3-460b-87ae-25c22942787b.jpg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
12X then quick change on Western Rd isn't bad, train so expensive compared to bus, £210 for 3 months on bus, something north of £400 for train equivalent I believe.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If only there was some kind of map-based search engine page or a smartphone/tablet app that could calculate it for you... ???

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As per #post 2

40 minutes on a good run (which turn off - Dyke Road or Hangleton?)

I would say this is quite optimistic. The commute from west of Newhaven to Woodingdean generally took half an hour to 45 minutes. To Seaford you've got to add an extra queue going past Lewes OR through Newhaven and an extra queue going into Seaford plus an extra queue at the Hove end and more miles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would say this is quite optimistic. The commute from west of Newhaven to Woodingdean generally took half an hour to 45 minutes. To Seaford you've got to add an extra queue going past Lewes OR through Newhaven and an extra queue going into Seaford plus an extra queue at the Hove end and more miles.

I used to work in *Portslade so took the Hangleton turnoff and could do it in 45 mins on a good run (I did say a good run) The earlier you set off the easier it is.
Why would you go through Newhaven? The A26 is easier.

*Actually, I worked the Boundary Rd side so technically it was Hove.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Use something like Waze. If you set future time it'll give you a fairly good estimate

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I used to work in *Portslade so took the Hangleton turnoff and could do it in 45 mins on a good run (I did say a good run) The earlier you set off the easier it is.
Why would you go through Newhaven? The A26 is easier.

*Actually, I worked the Boundary Rd side so technically it was Hove.

There's always a queue now from Kingston which often goes right through to Beddingham.

D

Deleted member 22389

If you leave at 6:30am, you should just about miss the congestion from Peacehaven through to Rottingdean in the mornings. Any later it is crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here