Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all become veggies?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Me and the mrs are giving up meat when it runs out in our fridge/freezer. Can we all become veggies?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I did a year and a half ago.

Apart from once or twice I’ve not really missed it. Plenty of decent alternatives now days almost everywhere.

In general I feel better for it, eat healthier and less animals getting killed is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I did a year and a half ago.

Apart from once or twice I’ve not really missed it. Plenty of decent alternatives now days almost everywhere.

In general I feel better for it, eat healthier and less animals getting killed is a bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This kind of floats my boat. Not having a bacon sarnie will kill me. The bit you say about less animals I don't believe... BUT if enough people stop it, animals will not die for us.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This kind of floats my boat. Not having a bacon sarnie will kill me. The bit you say about less animals I don't believe... BUT if enough people stop it, animals will not die for us.

It won't 'kill you.' The more you educate yourself the less likely you'll worry about trivialities like missing out on bacon. Meat is murder. Quorn is half the price of meat and delicious, as are many other veggie products. Make it so.

Scientists at Wageningen University in the Netherlands have discovered what many of us already knew: farmed animals feel empathy for their peers, a trait once thought exclusive to humans. These researchers discovered that “pigs shared the stress and happiness of their pen mates,”

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Me and the mrs are giving up meat when it runs out in our fridge/freezer. Can we all become veggies?

Sorry but if we all gave up meat,animals would not roam free and content.The reality is that many animals are bred for food and if they were not on the menu they would not be bred and eventually they could disappear or become destructive feral animals.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Is that a straighforward question or a request? The answer (in both cases) is no, not unless forced into it.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
9de9952dd94972fdef538c25c85c1b44.gif

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not considering becoming a veggie but am frequently presented with the idea of reducing the amount of meat in my diet to maybe 5 dinners a week. My biggest hurdle is the lack of imagination and ideas for what else I could eat

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We have cut down considerably, not given up. I often drive past an abattoir, the smell is awful, and see truck loads of sheep going in looking out the gaps and I try to read what they know or are thinking but they wouldn't have had a life if we didn't eat them. My main concern is animal welfare whilst they are still alive, ways to go on that, sending live animals long distances and even abroad should be immediately banned.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
I don’t buy all this ‘meat is murder’ bullshit. Eating meat is perfectly natural. It’s not murder when a lion kills an antelope, is it? But it is the amount of meat we eat, and the way that we process it that is the problem. I’d like to get down to eating meat only a couple of times a week, and only eating really good quality organic produce, rather than the crap that is generally available in supermarkets. If everyone did that then surely we would be a healthier society and the planet would benefit?

Problem is, eating quality meat is expensive. If you’re a single mum with four kids then I totally understand why a battery tortured chicken for £4 is a necessity.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have cut down my meat intake, however becoming a veggie, no thanks. Seen so many people start this and then give up a few weeks later. My wife hasn't eaton meat for years now.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
It won't 'kill you.' The more you educate yourself the less likely you'll worry about trivialities like missing out on bacon. Meat is murder. Quorn is half the price of meat and delicious, as are many other veggie products. Make it so.

Scientists at Wageningen University in the Netherlands have discovered what many of us already knew: farmed animals feel empathy for their peers, a trait once thought exclusive to humans. These researchers discovered that “pigs shared the stress and happiness of their pen mates,”

It is statements like' meat is murder' that piss a lot of people off and do no good for your cause, whatever it may be.
Moderate your tone and language and you may take more people with you.

Commander

Apr 28, 2004
London
It is statements like' meat is murder' that piss a lot of people off and do no good for your cause, whatever it may be.
Moderate your tone and language and you may take more people with you.

Exactly this. Complete nonsense.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I'm not considering becoming a veggie but am frequently presented with the idea of reducing the amount of meat in my diet to maybe 5 dinners a week. My biggest hurdle is the lack of imagination and ideas for what else I could eat

With all due and all that there are hundreds of recipes online, it's no different from a carnivore coming up with a variety of meal options.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
The tone they take shouldn't make a difference. Research the issue for yourself. The way in which humans process animals causes untold suffering and is ecologically unsustainable. Don't be so precious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here