Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can we all become veggies?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm sure everyone would and I like to think that this country is in the forefront of such aims.
I expect we are, but that's also a depressing reminder how far behind a lot of the world are. It's not the sort of thing that's easy to fix on your own.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If we weren't meant to eat farmed animals, why make them taste so good?
Look, each to their own and maybe if they come up with some meat alternative that actually tasted liked meat, I would be more receptive to the idea.
However, it seems that the cost of some of these products are restrictive.....I'll leave it to the bunny huggers(bunny taste like chicken!)

Shopes

Jan 3, 2018
I've not heard of either of these - it's difficult to keep up with all the veggie burgers hitting the market now and after the incredible success of the Beyond Meat IPO last week, there's bound to be a lot more!

I had an Impossible Burger in San Francisco last year. It was good, but mine didn't seem to "bleed" in the way it should. Maybe v2.0 will be better.

We ate at Woods in Worthing over the weekend and one of the veggie options turned out to be a Moving Mountains burger. It was very good.

I went to Honest Burger a few weeks ago and they use the "Beyond Burger". It was really good!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would, but I can't afford it. went veggie for a while, but shopping cost went soaring.

I'm surprised at that.

I'm amazed at the cost of meat/fish when we buy it, and am thankful we only need 9-y-o boy quantities!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm surprised at that.

I'm amazed at the cost of meat/fish when we buy it, and am thankful we only need 9-y-o boy quantities!

Agreed, I was quite astonished to see someone say it is more expensive to be a non meat eater.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would, but I can't afford it. went veggie for a while, but shopping cost went soaring.

I find this hard to believe.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Agreed, I was quite astonished to see someone say it is more expensive to be a non meat eater.

It is if you treat it like most traditional meat eaters. They go out and buy ‘replacement bacon’, ‘replacement steak’, ‘replacement burgers’ etc. All of these fairly new meat alternatives ARE expensive. Fake chicken nuggets costs way more than a bag of value chicken nuggets. So in a regard I fully understand. Most veggies don’t shop like that.

Frankly, if you try and go veggie/vegan by cooking the same food you always have, but with fake meat substitutes, you’ll be bitterly disappointed. You need to re-do your ‘standard meals’ from the ground up.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No thanks

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is if you treat it like most traditional meat eaters. They go out and buy ‘replacement bacon’, ‘replacement steak’, ‘replacement burgers’ etc. All of these fairly new meat alternatives ARE expensive. Fake chicken nuggets costs way more than a bag of value chicken nuggets. So in a regard I fully understand. Most veggies don’t shop like that.

Frankly, if you try and go veggie/vegan by cooking the same food you always have, but with fake meat substitutes, you’ll be bitterly disappointed. You need to re-do your ‘standard meals’ from the ground up.

I love cooking, it is one of my favourite things to do. It will be strange concocting a recipe without meat. But I'll give it a go.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I like veggies but much prefer meat !!!

It`s up to everyone to make a decision for themselves. We could all become veggies if we wanted to. We are told we would all be healthier if we didn`t eat as much sugar/salt/red meat etc etc as well as drinking water instead of Beer or wine.

We could all be healthier if we did more exercise.

I hate being told what I should and shouldn`t be eating/drinking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here