Page 1 of 26 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 254
  1. #1
    Members Sussex Nomad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    EP
    Posts
    16,854

    Can we all become veggies?


    4 Not allowed!
    Me and the mrs are giving up meat when it runs out in our fridge/freezer. Can we all become veggies?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      NORTHSTANDER Drumstick's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Peacehaven
      Posts
      6,908


      9 Not allowed!
      I did a year and a half ago.

      Apart from once or twice I’ve not really missed it. Plenty of decent alternatives now days almost everywhere.

      In general I feel better for it, eat healthier and less animals getting killed is a bonus.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      He goes left, He goes right, past one past two past a third right footed into the corner, weaving run lethal shot!


      Log in
    • #3
      Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class Juan Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Pontypool (Not THAT Pontypool, the one with the zombies)
      Posts
      29,656


      1 Not allowed!
      I'm already a bit of a cabbage if that counts.
      Daniel Ortega must go. Hero turned villain. Murderous scum.
    • #4
      Members Sussex Nomad's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      EP
      Posts
      16,854


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Drumstick View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I did a year and a half ago.

      Apart from once or twice I’ve not really missed it. Plenty of decent alternatives now days almost everywhere.

      In general I feel better for it, eat healthier and less animals getting killed is a bonus.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      This kind of floats my boat. Not having a bacon sarnie will kill me. The bit you say about less animals I don't believe... BUT if enough people stop it, animals will not die for us.
    • #5
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      41,261


      18 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This kind of floats my boat. Not having a bacon sarnie will kill me. The bit you say about less animals I don't believe
      Quite right, it's not less animals, it's fewer.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
    • #6
      Members Palacefinder General's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2019
      Location
      Villages and Hamlets
      Posts
      478


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This kind of floats my boat. Not having a bacon sarnie will kill me. The bit you say about less animals I don't believe... BUT if enough people stop it, animals will not die for us.
      It won't 'kill you.' The more you educate yourself the less likely you'll worry about trivialities like missing out on bacon. Meat is murder. Quorn is half the price of meat and delicious, as are many other veggie products. Make it so.

      Scientists at Wageningen University in the Netherlands have discovered what many of us already knew: farmed animals feel empathy for their peers, a trait once thought exclusive to humans. These researchers discovered that “pigs shared the stress and happiness of their pen mates,”
      Palacefinder General - Hunting undercover Palace fans on NSC since 1696
    • #7

      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Me and the mrs are giving up meat when it runs out in our fridge/freezer. Can we all become veggies?
      Sorry but if we all gave up meat,animals would not roam free and content.The reality is that many animals are bred for food and if they were not on the menu they would not be bred and eventually they could disappear or become destructive feral animals.
    • #8

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Me and the mrs are giving up meat when it runs out in our fridge/freezer. Can we all become veggies?
      Is that a straighforward question or a request? The answer (in both cases) is no, not unless forced into it.
    • #9
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      25,538


      0 Not allowed!
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #10
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      4,503


      3 Not allowed!
      I'm not considering becoming a veggie but am frequently presented with the idea of reducing the amount of meat in my diet to maybe 5 dinners a week. My biggest hurdle is the lack of imagination and ideas for what else I could eat

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •