Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    19/1 home win on Betfair this morning. OK, away win is the most likely outcome, but no way should we be out at 19. 17/2 the draw.
    It was 22/1 on Betfair yesterday. Obviously the money men (in the know) are piling in.
    "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016

• North Stand Chat

advertising

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by nickbrighton View Post
      Realistically Citeh are likely to be champions (I am hoping not), so assuming that is the case, will they present the trophy at on the pitch at the Amex? I seem to recall that previously it wasn't presented unless the Champions were playing at home, to prevent any unsavouryness from the home supporters- imagine Citeh being presented with it at Old Trtafford, Anfield, etc
      Swansea were given the trophy on the pitch at Withdean when they won League One a few years back.

I'm sure they'll do the presentation at the Amex if/when City win it. I'll certainly hang back for a gander, not likely to see it again are we.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Swansea were given the trophy on the pitch at Withdean when they won League One a few years back.

I'm sure they'll do the presentation at the Amex if/when City win it. I'll certainly hang back for a gander, not likely to see it again are we.
      They might well do it opposite the south stand in any case, so we won't see much from the north.

I shall hang around to see our players do their lap of appreciation, especially if it is Bruno's last appearance.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      I don't really care who wins the league, but a draw against City could be seen as a victory for us. Being able to compete against the best the league can offer would be a good moral boost.

3-3 would be good........in both matches. Numbnuts espirito santo will have to raise his game though
      Work and family mean I have to watch on the radio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
      I don't care who wins the title. I just want us to win.
      This ⚪️

4 Not allowed!
      All the whining Scousers online changing their profile photos to Glenn Murray and complaining about the likelihood of us folding against City are completely missing the point that they have a job to do as well.

Pipe down and beat Wolves, and then worry about us/ City.

Personally, I really hope there are some classic final game dramatics. It's one of the best things in football when word of good news arrives from another game, and the cheer starts to spread along the crowd. Always starting with one lone guy who somehow has five seconds advance notice of said good news over everyone else (this happened in the WSU when we were waiting for news from Cardiff last week), then some of those around him follow blindly, a few others are like "YES! Wait...is it confirmed? Can we trust him?", meanwhile the joy is already streaming along the stand like an audio Mexican wave, and then finally it's official, and everybody goes nuts.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

2 Not allowed!
      My mate lives in Hastings now, big Albion fan but a Brighton lad. His neighbour, originally a Crawley lad is one of these insufferable Liverpool armchair fans. He blagged an away ticket off us on the pretext that he was an Albion fan. This was the 4-0 up there last season.

He was full of "soak it all up lads" as we arrived at Anfield. How I didn't chin the twatt I'll never know. And after he had the nerve to hold 4 fingers up at us, his hosts. That's when I had a word in his ear. I rip him to shreds now every time I see him which thankfully isn't too often. "Oh no I support Man City now, taken a leaf out of your book".

I'll want Albion to win on Sunday, of course, no doubt. And hope the Bin Dippers mess up. If City win the League, c'est la vie. And I will search out every last poxy armchair pool fan at work.
      Visiting NYC? Please get to Foleys on 33rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenue. My mates bar and very Albion / sport friendly.

0 Not allowed!
      I wonder if that big EARED buffoon @Easy 10 will start spreading FAKE scores again

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Oh man, I am SO looking forward to Sunday.#

All season long I've been hoping City will win it, because the plastic Dippers would be so utterly INSUFFERABLE if they were Champions. But now its in our hands, I'd LOVE it if we were to provide the narrative for such a seismic shift in the title race. The entire world will have eyes on the Amex, and it really would be fantastic if we did something extraordinary that would be remembered forever.

And if we don't, as is likely, then meh. I'll hang back and watch the presentation, and enjoy the scouse fallout later. It really is win/win. Roll on Sunday.
      Absolutely this

Was going to post something VERY similar. I absolutely cannot wait for Sunday and a few ales with the eyes of the world on us. If a certain FB group goes offline for the summer as a result then all the better
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Im The Scatman

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      I like Liverpool. Iíd much rather they won it than City.

Park the bus I say, and then itís up to Klopp and co.

Donít understand all this Liverpool hatred when City have bought the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Liverpool have spent massively as well, itís not some sort of fairytale