Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool fans have their doubts about us...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wonder if that big EARED buffoon [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] will start spreading FAKE scores again ???

The only thing I'll be spreading on Sunday is the MARMITE for my half time SANDWICH.

Absolutely this :lolol:

Was going to post something VERY similar. I absolutely cannot wait for Sunday and a few ales with the eyes of the world on us. If a certain FB group goes offline for the summer as a result then all the better :lol:

:lolol:
Oh man, am I going to enjoy that. Baiting plastic dippers is TREMENDOUS fun.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I am hoping LIVERPOOL win the title... for two reasons:

1) We will have got a result against CITY.

2) It will piss off the MAN UTD plastics.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It's a win-win in my eyes

If we get a result and Liverpool win the league then that would be FUNNY for a number of reasons, including United and City fans losing their shit about it all.
If we don't, and City win the league then Liverpool will have lost out despite such a huge points total, which will also be FUNNY.

I hope we win, but really am expecting less than nothing and to be honest am not particularly arsed about the result. Just hope we put on a bit of a show.

I'm going to be all over Bissouma FGS again btw.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I’m not fence on this as I grew up in Liverpool so have a real soft spot for them.

This was in the 1970a and 80s when Liverpool was on its knees with 40% youth unemployment, militant Labour in control, the worst Heroin epidemic in UK history raging and the docks and shipyards closing.

It’s no surprise to me that folk in Sussex think of them as “scallies” thieving, dealing and otherwise up to no good but that isn’t how they were seen a generation before.

Liverpool USED to be associated with music, the arts, acting, and enterprise. The people there are warm and generous and the love of their team is quite something to behold. It’s a shame that poverty, drugs and deprivation drove the scumbag scousers south in search of work...bringing with them their drug habits and “rob anything not nailed down” mentality but I refuse to paint that proud city as full of scum because I know different.

I can understand Edna’s antipathy. I imagine she has dealt with lots of characters from Liverpool in, shall we say, a professional capacity. I DO hope though that she doesnt take a negative approach whenever she hears a Scouse accent...I’m sure she doesn’t but, hey, just saying.

All of those issues you mention. Every City in the UK has them - They are not unique to Liverpool.

The problem I have with a lot of Liverpudlians is. A lot of them could pick a fight or argument with ''Casper the Ghost'' - Not all of course and there are some lovely people from Liverpool; however, I always feel I am treading on eggshells around them because they take offence to the slightest thing and many can turn on a sixpence.

All of that said - I want to get a result against Man City - I want that for Brighton, the Brighton fans and for Chris. And if Liverpool win the League because of it then so be it.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Good post, I don't think it's the cassette nicking scallies we dislike but the Sussex folk that decide to support a team some 200+ miles away.

Oh yeah. I can’t stand them either.

I’m with Danny Baker. Get a map of England. Stick a pin where you were born. The nearest League club to there is YOUR team.

I’ll allow for family / historic ties..say for example your Dad hails from Liverpool and indoctrinated you from birth. Anything else is SHITHOUSE.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I’ll allow for family / historic ties..say for example your Dad hails from Liverpool and indoctrinated you from birth. Anything else is SHITHOUSE.

Phew! Thank God for that. I should be supporting Gillingham but my Dad was born in Ringmer and did his indoctrination well. Now my Chertsey born daughter also supports the magnificent Albion.

Can’t wait for Sunday. If we can keep it tight and perhaps get to half time all square then who knows what nerves can do? Would just love to see us splashed all over the world’s media, especially after the [ahem] modest second half of the season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
All of those issues you mention. Every City in the UK has them - They are not unique to Liverpool.

The problem I have with a lot of Liverpudlians is. A lot of them could pick a fight or argument with ''Casper the Ghost'' - Not all of course and there are some lovely people from Liverpool; however, I always feel I am treading on eggshells around them because they take offence to the slightest thing and many can turn on a sixpence.

All of that said - I want to get a result against Man City - I want that for Brighton, the Brighton fans and for Chris. And if Liverpool win the League because of it then so be it.

I agree to a certain extent. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t seen some pissed up scousers kicking off for no reason but I think there’s another reason there too.

The Irish/Welsh/Lancashire melting pot meant that made up modern Liverpool drew the lowest rung of those societies in for work so, historically they are belligerent and passionate like their forbears.

Go out i Dublin and you’ll see EXACTLY the same stuff, people arguing, sometimes violently, about utter tripe.

I don’t agree that Liverpool and the level of deprivation visited there is equivalent to many other cities. Liverpool topped every table in terms of unemployment, drug addiction, political upheaval for most of the late seventies and into the 80s. I know it was hard on Newcastle, Glasgow, Birmingham etc. But pretty much every social study at that time ranked Liverpool as “the most deprived city in Europe”

Listen. I was born in Brighton. I’m a Brightonian, not a Liverpudlian but, because of Family breakup I was moved to just about the most deprived area of Liverpool and can say with hand on heart that the overwhelming majority of folk there are proud and decent. I know there’s some right bellends there and I know they harp on about Hillsborough etc. But I put a lot of it down to their feelings of pride and “in it together”. Things we don’t have in Brighton, a city of incomers, with a whole different take on what’s right and wrong when done to others in our community.

BHAFC core support, the demonstrators, the protest marchers, the letter writers, the media botherers..have a LOT more in common with the average LFC fan FROM LIVERPOOL. Than any of City’s hangers on and glory hunters.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Oh. And btw. I really want Brighton to just have a ****ing GO at City.

Show the twats in the media that we CAN play. Another performance like the FA cup semi final will do me. Just a different result please.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I like Liverpool. I’d much rather they won it than City.

Park the bus I say, and then it’s up to Klopp and co.

Don’t understand all this Liverpool hatred when City have bought the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly. Pep walked into a squad ready to be Champions. Klopp didn’t and has also relied on British talent (Henderson, Milner, Alexander-Arnold and Robertson) whilst building a really exciting squad.

Would love it if we were the team to stop City.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Hopefully we get something from the City game and Liverpool go and blow it themselves by losing to Wolves (who lets face it are not a walk over). It would be hilarious to see those plastic scourers pouring out of the King and Queen crying their eyes out.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have LUMPED a whole QUID on us to WIN at 17/1. If I WIN I will BUY a ROUND (for three people including me).

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
We are a potentially dangerous combination of playing with no pressure, but at the same time with a bit of a point to prove (recent performances, media criticism, semi final result). With a bit more poise in front of goal we could have beaten Arsenal on Sunday late on.

In the last two seasons at home we've beaten Man Utd twice, Arsenal once, and weren't a million miles away from Liverpool or Spurs at home either.

Alright, Man City haven't lost away in the league since January, but we are more than capable of getting a point.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I’m with Danny Baker. Get a map of England. Stick a pin where you were born. The nearest League club to there is YOUR team.

I'm ****ed then. It's Crawley for me. I may as well give up now.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree to a certain extent. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t seen some pissed up scousers kicking off for no reason but I think there’s another reason there too.

The Irish/Welsh/Lancashire melting pot meant that made up modern Liverpool drew the lowest rung of those societies in for work so, historically they are belligerent and passionate like their forbears.

Go out i Dublin and you’ll see EXACTLY the same stuff, people arguing, sometimes violently, about utter tripe.

I don’t agree that Liverpool and the level of deprivation visited there is equivalent to many other cities. Liverpool topped every table in terms of unemployment, drug addiction, political upheaval for most of the late seventies and into the 80s. I know it was hard on Newcastle, Glasgow, Birmingham etc. But pretty much every social study at that time ranked Liverpool as “the most deprived city in Europe”

Listen. I was born in Brighton. I’m a Brightonian, not a Liverpudlian but, because of Family breakup I was moved to just about the most deprived area of Liverpool and can say with hand on heart that the overwhelming majority of folk there are proud and decent. I know there’s some right bellends there and I know they harp on about Hillsborough etc. But I put a lot of it down to their feelings of pride and “in it together”. Things we don’t have in Brighton, a city of incomers, with a whole different take on what’s right and wrong when done to others in our community.

BHAFC core support, the demonstrators, the protest marchers, the letter writers, the media botherers..have a LOT more in common with the average LFC fan FROM LIVERPOOL. Than any of City’s hangers on and glory hunters.

Well said. I was born in Brighton, but spent several years living in Toxteth - and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Stood on The Kop (the real one!) occasionally - a great experience; occasionally watched Everton too for that matter - but Brighton always remained my team. Spent more time watching us lose at Tranmere and Southport (we always lost there at that time!) than at Goodison or Anfield.

I'm sure there are some people who watched Harry Enfield's scouser sketches and thought they were documentaries! :facepalm:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Sadly, I'd be Palace.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Result for us is the only important thing for me, but whatever happens it will be funny either way.

Attachments

• lp.png
    lp.png
    564.9 KB · Views: 473

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here