Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I put it to you, Sir, that you are, in fact, a Woolyback.

The true Scouse would NEVER hang around in Maghull or Netherton. The moustachioed stevedores you encounter are aping the fine, upright gentlemen who reside within a mile of the pier head or wherever they claim as their spiritual home.

Mind you BIRKENHEAD lies within a mile of the Pier head...and they go to great lengths to correct anyone stupid enough to mistake their heavy Liverpool accent for scouse!

Now. Birkenhead. That really IS a shithole. I mean...it gives shitholes a bad name for not being shitty enough.
    Eh eh, calm down, calm down. I may live in the land of the Woollybacks but was brought up in Hanover and am a true Albion supporter.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
      I put it to you, Sir, that you are, in fact, a Woolyback.

The true Scouse would NEVER hang around in Maghull or Netherton. The moustachioed stevedores you encounter are aping the fine, upright gentlemen who reside within a mile of the pier head or wherever they claim as their spiritual home.

Mind you BIRKENHEAD lies within a mile of the Pier head...and they go to great lengths to correct anyone stupid enough to mistake their heavy Liverpool accent for scouse!

Now. Birkenhead. That really IS a shithole. I mean...it gives shitholes a bad name for not being shitty enough.
      Arh Birkenhead, I worked there for a year at the Mobil Oil Blending Plant in the docks what a beautiful pleasant place. The security guards in the gatehouse would often reminisce about the cross bow battles over the road and the parades of police busts, there was a pub close and you would cross the road to walk past it such was the reputation. Getting the bus home from work would often involve the offer of a quick indulgence of the flesh for cash. Strangely though I never really felt threatened.
      Go on you know you want to.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lethargic View Post
      Arh Birkenhead, I worked there for a year at the Mobil Oil Blending Plant in the docks what a beautiful pleasant place. The security guards in the gatehouse would often reminisce about the cross bow battles over the road and the parades of police busts, there was a pub close and you would cross the road to walk past it such was the reputation. Getting the bus home from work would often involve the offer of a quick indulgence of the flesh for cash. Strangely though I never really felt threatened.
      Spent a couple of years in Tranmere. Got burgled SIX TIMES. Often had plod jumping over the fence in our yard chasing thieves. All the girls...who can be very pretty..pregnant at 15...usually one of their dads mates being the father.

Utter dump.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blue-shifted View Post
      19/1 home win on Betfair this morning. OK, away win is the most likely outcome, but no way should we be out at 19. 17/2 the draw.

My (football related) fantasy for Sunday is Bruno roofing a late volley to win it after a telepathic one two with Knocky after a seering, (and improbable) late counter attack to break the deadlock as City push for a late winner to give them the title. Cue, despondent, disbelieving City players on their knees, merciless gloating from the home end .... all until the late news from Anfield suddenly filters through.
      Pretty much exactly my dream scenario - 93rd minute Bruno winner followed by a hotly contested 97th minute equaliser (preferably a Henderson OG after a howler from Allison) for Wolves = perfect day out :-)
      "I'm glad they lost, 'cos if they'd 've won I'd 've been all happy. I hate being happy"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      "Glenn Murray is just typical grade A commoner bloke. If he wasnt good enough to be a footballer he'd just be on benefits and you know it. Can't believe this club will still be in the Prem next season. Fully expect them to prop up the table with this lot next year."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
      "Glenn Murray is just typical grade A commoner bloke. If he wasnt good enough to be a footballer he'd just be on benefits and you know it. Can't believe this club will still be in the Prem next season. Fully expect them to prop up the table with this lot next year."
      Who said that...was it Clippity Klopp?
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Burslum ?

Cracking day out (Vale away, last game of the season), but oh my days. The locals weren't even walking upright.
      Grimsby must be the worst ground I've ever been too. Even worse than Port Vale (or whisper it, Selhurst)
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Grimsby must be the worst ground I've ever been too. Even worse than Port Vale (or whisper it, Selhurst)
      Nice fish n chips though.
      "The first 90 minutes of the match are the most important"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mancgull View Post
      That pub was so packed, I reckon it took more in that two hours than it would have for most months. Non stop singing about our consecutive championships.
      That was the Bull's Head, Titanic brewery tap. Roy Chuter, under the guise of Not So Slim started to recommend decent pubs for upcoming away games in the programme. I think this was his first one and I got the impression that on a normal Saturday lunchtime it would be lucky to get three men and a dog as opposed to a couple of hundred thirsty Albion fans. I overheard the landlord saying he was close to running out of beer. After this episode Roy used to ring landlords of pubs he had mentioned, just to alert them.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      Grimsby (as a ground) is alright, I've been to far worse than Blundell Park. I think I got the bingo bus there though, so was straight in and out of Cleethorpes PDQ with not much chance to take in the surroundings. Probably for the best.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"