Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Digital fan flags - how noddy is this?!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
digital banners.png

:ffsparr: :ffsparr: :ffsparr:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Here's me thinking you should just turn up and make yourselves heard to support your team.

Now it's flags made up out of pixels with some cringey looking sentiments while you sit on your arse.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People laughed when I said 15 years ago that crowds would eventually be CGI-ed in...think of the money they could save by not having stadiums that instead could be pixels sponsored by fans. I tell you it’s coming, greed has no boundaries in this sport!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That looks great

Get some mr barber

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rather see that than poxy adverts for betting firms.

How very dare you.

The one with the little doggy scoring the goal is the only highlight at some of the shithouse home games this season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to take this opportunity to say I loves all the flags dotted around the AMEX.

Obviously the Stand or Fall banner is a class apart, but nevertheless having so much of the ground covered in 'our' stuff is all very welcoming and homely (as it should be)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'd like to take this opportunity to say I loves all the flags dotted around the AMEX.

Obviously the Stand or Fall banner is a class apart, but nevertheless having so much of the ground covered in 'our' stuff is all very welcoming and homely (as it should be)

Agreed. Barber should insist everyone brings a flag or banner and if this fails threaten to bring in replacement digital flags.

In reality I think this is a good idea as long as real flags are encouraged and the digital ones are not the only alternative. Let's have plenty of both.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It is grim, but then all the dozens of "fan" flags around the middle tier at the Emirates are quite clearly mass produced by the club too. Kazakhstan Gooners, Arsenal Limerick, Bavarian Gunners, Arsenal South Africa and Mongolia and Beijing and Lagos and Chile and Las Vegas and West Sussex (!)....no way are any of those genuine fan banners.

At least we only have the one slightly lame one at the back of the North.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It is grim, but then all the dozens of "fan" flags around the middle tier at the Emirates are quite clearly mass produced by the club too. Kazakhstan Gooners, Arsenal Limerick, Bavarian Gunners, Arsenal South Africa and Mongolia and Beijing and Lagos and Chile and Las Vegas and West Sussex (!)....no way are any of those genuine fan banners.

That's no way to talk about Cheshire Seagulls!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Wow. And presumably this is a money spinner. How much do they charge for you to have your "flag" up there? Do you buy your spot for the season, like the old advertising boards, or because they can changes so easily, do you buy it by the game? Perhaps by the half?

Oh boy, where will this end?

Before we all criticise it too much, I bet they are calculating the viability of this at every Premier League club, including ours.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s the future, get used to it. Barber will be in this bandwagon in double quick time with a 10 page reasoning of why we should all embrace it.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The Dick TIGHT one ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here