Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Using both feet

1 Not allowed!
    The OP has hit upon one of my little bugbears, Yes, professional footballers SHOULD be adept at using both feet - what the fook else have they got to do all day ? OK one foot is always naturally going to be stronger than the other, but bloody hell, there's nowt wrong with bringing the OTHER one a bit more up to scratch, is there ? Gross's miss at the Emirates was truly painful.

I've always wondered how an ambidextrous tennis player would get on. Imagine a player that could toss his or her racket from right hand to left and SMASH the granny out of it regardless, in any given situation. What a player we would have there to behold. Tossing the racket from one hand to the other to reach that forehand volley going down the tramlines....wow. Ronnie O'Sullivan can do it with a cue. Why can't a tennis player do it with a racket ?

These are sports professionals. They literally have NOTHING else to do all day. There's no excuse for not being able to properly spank it with either limb.
    "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I tell you what, if you want to be as big an arse as the other feel free, I don't come here to bullshit. He has his gang now. As I said before people on here would back me up, but to be honest, when you get a-holes like you two, it isn't about proving what you have done. You just try to enhance the thread and hope idiots like you don't take it over. Simple really.
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Standby, Easy. You'll have Sussex Nomates following you around the Big Board.

Edit: Oh. Too late.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      I tell you what, if you want to be as big an arse as the other feel free, I don't come here to bullshit. He has his gang now. As I said before people on here would back me up, but to be honest, when you get a-holes like you two, it isn't about proving what you have done. You just try to enhance the thread and hope idiots like you don't take it over. Simple really.
      You've already enhanced this thread immensely chap. @Bry Nylon very regularly gives me a proper snigger on here, and the fact its so royally crawled up your arse is very chucklesome.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bry Nylon View Post
      Standby, Easy. You'll have Sussex Nomates following you around the Big Board.

Edit: Oh. Too late.

I guess I'm in YOUR GANG now. As long as it doesn't get too Gary Glitter, I'm IN.

Do I get a badge ?

0 Not allowed!
      You've already enhanced this thread immensely chap. @Bry Nylon very regularly gives me a proper snigger on here, and the fact its so royally crawled up your arse is very chucklesome.
      Brothers in Arms, if it floats your boat, carry on.

0 Not allowed!

I guess I'm in YOUR GANG now. As long as it doesn't get too Gary Glitter, I'm IN.

Do I get a badge ?
      Why. Just why does someone think you are a complete bullshitter when you played the game at a lower level and could use both feet, why?
      Last edited by Sussex Nomad; 07-05-2019 at 00:31.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      It's a fair question, but I don't think your example is the best. Using your other foot with a degree of comfort and confidence is one thing, using it to volley a crossed ball is another.

As to the answer...
      some players just aren't any good with their other foot.

You're welcome.
      Volleying a cross ball with the weak foot is the easiest of weak foot tasks as the cross has some of the power. Or if the ball bobbles nicely from a clearance. As an inverted winger, beating the man and crossing with the weak foot should be in the realms of possibility.

What I think is harder is beating the man and shooting with the weak foot like Lualua could do. Or an instep curler with the weak foot like Buckley against Blackpool. Instep curler is hard enough with the strong foot.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      This is where ARSE comes into play because you are idiots. Oh and I really did score five in my final game and all left footed and we lost about 13-10 in a five a side.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      Why. just why does someone think you are a complete bullshitter when you played the game at a lower level and could use both feet, why?
      I wouldn't worry too much about it. I don't know you. You don't know me. Yes, you could be the undiscovered Franz Beckenbaur for all I know. If you are, I'm sorry I haven't fully appreciated your craft, but on these hallowed pages, there's not a lot to go on. I get emails from nigerians telling me I have rich first-removed uncles who have recently been savaged by lions in the serengeti, and that my inheritance is awaiting if I would only submit my bank details to Worldwide Credit Union. Should I doubt them ? Well, I'd like to believe them, buuuut my instinct tells me otherwise.

But hey, keep playing, champ. NEVER give up.