Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck and Andy Carroll Both Available on a Free

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Of course we'd have Wellbeck in a heartbeat if he wasn't a sicknote. I notice both 36 year old Frank Ribery and 35 year old Arjen Robben are leaving Bayern in the summer and are available on free.

Let's have Escape to Victory 2

Two of my favorite ever players! Ever!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Of course we'd have Wellbeck in a heartbeat if he wasn't a sicknote. I notice both 36 year old Frank Ribery and 35 year old Arjen Robben are leaving Bayern in the summer and are available on free.

Let's have Escape to Victory 2

Of course if he wasn't a sicknote he wouldn't be available anyway.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Why not? What's to lose? If they don't play, they cost us nothing, zero, zilch, nowt - and if they do manage to play the odd game, they are very good players; let's face it, if they'd been able to stay fit, either of them could have been our 'Murray replacement', except they'd probably be out of our league.

I actually think these ‘pay to play’ deals are a complete myth. Maybe there’s been contracts where appearance money plays a bigger factor but can’t imagine any footballers of a champs / prem level taking such a deal. Unless you’re Adam Johnson or Simeon like that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I actually think these ‘pay to play’ deals are a complete myth. Maybe there’s been contracts where appearance money plays a bigger factor but can’t imagine any footballers of a champs / prem level taking such a deal. Unless you’re Adam Johnson or Simeon like that.

See post #26.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's why it would have to be on a pay-per-game basis! :facepalm:

No, we’ll need him when we need him not if we happen to get lucky one match a few times a season and he’s missed so many games that he’s not match fit

:facepalm:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
There's a club up the A23 that will be all over this if only on the basis that 'history can't repeat itself so pay them a fortune to get them here'.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Really? I've only given you the example I can think of. There have been others over the years. Unusual, granted, but don't dismiss the idea as a myth. It ain't.

Paul Barber has said it is during a Q&A fans session.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Pay as you play doesn't really work with 25 man squad rules.

If the club isn't confident enough to give a standard contract, they shouldn't be dishing out a squad place.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here