Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How's Ben?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So we've now got a thread of players we DON'T want to sign...

:ffsparr:

Have we got one 'might be worth a sneaky punt?' Ordinarily I'd stick Nick Powell on there but he's a bit of a sick note too .... so my next 'bargain basement' thought is Bradley Dack

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i'd take a chance on Welbeck. he'll go to a higher club than us though.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Of course we'd have Wellbeck in a heartbeat if he wasn't a sicknote. I notice both 36 year old Frank Ribery and 35 year old Arjen Robben are leaving Bayern in the summer and are available on free.

Let's have Escape to Victory 2

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fit both Andy Carroll and Welbeck would get in our team. Trouble is neither one of them has any luck with injuries and both of them have salary expectations in line with their ability. If that changed my view of them coming to the Albion would to. If we are going to pay any player £100k a week, they need to positively affect the team for at least 30 games a season and neither of these two are likely to do that unfortunately.

I always find it odd that people are so nasty about good injury prone players. Why would any player not want to play if they could? Constantly being in the treatment room must be soul destroying not relaxation.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Carroll Signs..........

images(2).jpg

It won't be the last :ffsparr:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Of course we'd have Wellbeck in a heartbeat if he wasn't a sicknote. I notice both 36 year old Frank Ribery and 35 year old Arjen Robben are leaving Bayern in the summer and are available on free.

Let's have Escape to Victory 2

Robben on a pay per play would be ok ...... but he'll go to Norwich i'd say.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Why not? What's to lose? If they don't play, they cost us nothing, zero, zilch, nowt - and if they do manage to play the odd game, they are very good players; let's face it, if they'd been able to stay fit, either of them could have been our 'Murray replacement', except they'd probably be out of our league.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here