Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So you've just proved you know very little about the game and so all your other negative views and rants about the Albion and our players can now be treated with the same amount of disbelief and derision as your claim that the March penalty wasn't one - you're clueless

I'm clueless, you on the other hand, are a genius.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I agree it would be a deterrent but I don't actually like long bans at all. A simple sending off in a match with maybe a one game ban would also be a deterrent. Perhaps 2 game ban for second offenders and so on.

Surely if its a choice between awarding a ban for cheating, affecting the PL product or allowing cheating to continue, affecting the PL product, i'd rather get rid of cheating than tolerate it. We have a sport now where cheats prosper and what sort of moral example is that to show the world? So much for the old adage, cheaters never prosper.

Do we apply the same sort of rules to other parts of life? should we not punish some criminals if their worth to society is deemed high enough that keeping them in their current role is preferable than jailing them for their actions? - for example, a recent 24 hours in Police custody had a surgeon who made a false insurance claim and was caught and sentenced to jail. Would it be better if he wasn't prosecuted because it means he could continue as a surgeon, helping patients? but if he had a less important job, they should happily give him a long sentence?

Surely it shouldn't matter who you are, if you act dishonestly and are caught in the act, you should face punishment and it shouldn't be influenced by how much of an impact your loss will have on your overall profession

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Surely if its a choice between awarding a ban for cheating, affecting the PL product or allowing cheating to continue, affecting the PL product, i'd rather get rid of cheating than tolerate it. We have a sport now where cheats prosper and what sort of moral example is that to show the world? So much for the old adage, cheaters never prosper.

Do we apply the same sort of rules to other parts of life? should we not punish some criminals if their worth to society is deemed high enough that keeping them in their current role is preferable than jailing them for their actions? - for example, a recent 24 hours in Police custody had a surgeon who made a false insurance claim and was caught and sentenced to jail. Would it be better if he wasn't prosecuted because it means he could continue as a surgeon, helping patients? but if he had a less important job, they should happily give him a long sentence?

Surely it shouldn't matter who you are, if you act dishonestly and are caught in the act, you should face punishment and it shouldn't be influenced by how much of an impact your loss will have on your overall profession

Did you need a ladder to get off that horse?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That makes my piss boil even more so.
Ok so the ref makes a huge mistake and gives a penalty that is clearly not.
Not very happy about it but that does not mean he can give another one as soon as the opportunity arises, unless it's a clear penalty, like Sollys yesterday.
VAR is the only answer to stop this nonsense going on.
I'm a fan of VAR, but it's not going to fix everything. The studio commentators came to the conclusion that Arsenal's penalty was the correct decision. Maybe that was more to do with the fact it was Arsenal's Alex Scott doing the analysis, but still. Had VAR been there, I'm don't think it would have given the penalty, but then I'm also not sure it would have overturned the refs decision had he given it.

But then yesterday's decisions weren't bad compared to a lot of the shit we've had to deal with.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't have to be anything close to being a genius to see that was a penalty all day long, all you need to do is open your eyes and watch the video evidence

No, really, I am in the presence of genius here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Because you said so, yes, yes, I know.
No, because the TV cameras caught it, and played it over and over, slowly, from all angles, causing sundry experts on TV who had played the game at the highest level and knew a bit about what was and what was not a penalty to unanimously agree with the rest of the world (except you) that it was a penalty.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
No, really, I am in the presence of genius here.

Are you basing your view on 1 viewing (probably at the time) and are unwilling to see it again because you're certain in your view and going to stick to it no matter what? - If so, the FA are looking for people like you to referee

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Are you basing your view on 1 viewing (probably at the time) and are unwilling to see it again because you're certain in your view and going to stick to it no matter what? - If so, the FA are looking for people like you to referee

Nope, if I see it again and my view is changed I will happily say so on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here