Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD

Well they were pretty fair and said most of the right things in studio afterwards

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Their penalty looked soft as shite from the other side of the ground opposite the away end to the peasants, where we were sat and was duly confirmed when I saw it on MOTD2. What the FRIG are these refs playing at ? Anthony Taylor took a long hard look at it before pointing to the spot. Big pause. That suggests doubt. And you're only supposed to award a pen if you are positive of it - typical 'big club' decision.

Aside from that, it was a truly excellent away performance. Freed from the shackles of "WE MUST NOT LOSE" we put in a bloody good shift, flooded forward at the right times, fully deserved the point and on another day might have even sneaked something better.

Attacking, eh ? Bloody hell Chris. Sometimes it might...just...work.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm really starting to lose it with refs now.
Not a massive fan of VAR but after this awful season of incompetent and possibly bent refs, but definitely top 6 biased refs, then VAR is now a must.
I mean he was 3 yards away, staring at it with a clear view.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not a massive fan of VAR but after this awful season of incompetent and possibly bent refs, but definitely top 6 biased refs, then VAR is now a must.
VAR is double edged. D&D will have to very careful, and we will be defending a lot. Any shirt tugging we do will be VARED

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

These things even themselves out over the season we are told. So, following Kyle Walker being sent off for doing nothing next week, we'll be getting half a dozen dodgy penalties given in our favour. Could also be an interesting game at Wolves where Mo Salah is somehow going to get five or more bookings for diving.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Fair play to the BBC for thinking about license payers money by having an Arsenal STH as commentator today.

I presume you mean on the radio? Simon Brotherton, the MotD commentator, is an Aston Villa fan who lives in Horsham.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Again, you do wonder if the March one was an 'even things up' scenario. Would love to know what Dunk said to him after he'd awarded them the penalty.

Could be the amount of cheating that's not helping, if players didn't cheat we don't need refs?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wrighty spit on with his comments.
Stating negative tactics from the manager but the team can play.
Nothing new of course to us but good to see that comment being aired

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
VAR is crap as it is . . . . They need to look at it and treat it in the same way they do cricket, that works

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here