Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reality

el punal

We weren't 3 down because we can defend.
We were I down to an iffy penalty.
Shortly before half time SKY showed some stats that we had actually had more shots than Arsenal.
In the second half we matched them, as far as I was concerned.
Before the match today Jamie Redknapp made some comments about teams under pressure freezing, players being scared to take any initiative. He had seen it before, been in teams (Southampton) where it had happened.
He theorized that was what had happened to Albion. I think we proved him right today.
At least two players you want shipped out would be of interest to other Premier League teams - Stephens to Burnley and Gross to Saints - he used to play for Hasenhuttl.
I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, but it is not as bad as many, including you, are making out.

Well said. Never let the voice of reason get in the way of a negative whinge eh?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Nothing to complain about on yesterdays performance, probably our best of the season.

Man City and Palace are the only sides to have beaten Arsenal at the Emirates all season in the league, they have won 14 of their home games and drawn 2.

Reality

Brighton 2018/19

Home Goals: 18
Home Shots: 194
Home Shots on Target: 51

Home Wins: 6
Home Draws: 5
Home Losses: 7

Home Yellow: 30
Home Red: 2

Away Goals : 16
Away Shots: 165
Away Shots on Target 55

Away Wins: 3
Away Draws: 4
Away Losses: 12

Away Yellow: 30
Away Red: 1

Brighton 2017/18

Home Goals: 24
Home Shots: 217
Home Shots on Target: 71

Home Wins: 7
Home Draws: 7
Home Losses: 4

Home Yellow: 37
Home Red: 1

Away Goals : 10
Away Shots: 166
Away Shots on Target 47

Away Wins: 2
Away Draws: 5

Away Yellow: 17

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Once again after a good performance albeit we could have been 3 down at half time so many think everything is now rosy. It is not. For the majority of season we have been dire not only results but how we have played. Credit we have avoided relegation twice but we are pushing our luck to say this squad will be any better next season. We have to accept we are not good enough. The defensive players in squad will be ok but midfield and forwards there must be changes. We all have our favourites but as all cant be part of squad, if we get improved additions some will have to be moved on. I would suggest minimum Stevens,Locardia,Knockaert and Gross. Ali J on a 5 year contract may be difficult and Murray will go no where

I think that Tony Bloom may not agree with you and for my part I think I'll go with what he decides

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
We weren't 3 down because we can defend.
We were I down to an iffy penalty.
Shortly before half time SKY showed some stats that we had actually had more shots than Arsenal.
In the second half we matched them, as far as I was concerned.
Before the match today Jamie Redknapp made some comments about teams under pressure freezing, players being scared to take any initiative. He had seen it before, been in teams (Southampton) where it had happened.
He theorized that was what had happened to Albion. I think we proved him right today.
At least two players you want shipped out would be of interest to other Premier League teams - Stephens to Burnley and Gross to Saints - he used to play for Hasenhuttl.
I'm not saying everything in the garden is rosy, but it is not as bad as many, including you, are making out.

If the theory is right then we need a pat least two experienced EPL leaders in the team

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Once again after a good performance someone starts a thread to point out that we are not as good as Barcelona, and should be. For the majority of our history we have been in the third tier of English football, while Barcelona have been winning European cups. Credit we have avoided relegation twice but we are pushing our luck to say this squad will be any better next season. We have to accept we are not good enough. The defensive players in squad will be ok but the goaly is too short. Barcelona have a massive goaly. Most of our players are rubbish, and the whole vibe of the club is shite. Let's face it, we will never even have weather to match that of Barcelona, or a massive stadium. Ane what about all those lovely Portuguese birds? We are finished. Finished. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nothing to complain about on yesterdays performance, probably our best of the season.

Man City and Palace are the only sides to have beaten Arsenal at the Emirates all season in the league, they have won 14 of their home games and drawn 2.

Reality

Brighton 2018/19

Away Shots on Target 55

Brighton 2017/18

Away Shots on Target 47

That's a 50% increase in away wins this season. That's the sort of improvement percentage Jeremy Corbyn could only dream about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Reality

Brighton 2018/19

Away Shots on Target 55

Brighton 2017/18

Away Shots on Target 47

Yeah, but those home stats don't include next weekend's games. 23 shots, leading to 6 goals and a win, and our home stats will be very comparable!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

Reality

Brighton 2018/19

Away Shots on Target 55

359 shots home and away this season after 37 games and an average of 9.7 shots per game with 106 of those on target, averaging 2.87 per game

That can't be right, if you believe the moaners (who are never wrong) you'd know that we've only had about 20 shots in total this season as we never normally pass the half way line

It also shows we've score as many goals in total this season as we did last season and still have a game remaining which again can't be true according to the moaners, so it must be all lies, lies lies

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here