Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If Man City win the league at the Amex

Seagull122

Mar 16, 2019
If they win the league on the final day, what happens after the game? I’m assuming they would get presented the trophy so what would happen to our players lap of honour and appreciation, would it just be after?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
It’s all academic as we’ll draw with city handing the title to Liverpool

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What happened when Swansea won the League One title? Lap of honour followed by trophy I presume?

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
What happened when Swansea won the League One title? Lap of honour followed by trophy I presume?

I imagine the trophy presentation would be first. It will be shown live around the world and I don’t think the world will want to watch our lap of honour before it!!

Come on you Super Seagulls. Show the world what you can do:albion2::albion::cheery:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Better start making your cardboard signs.
Would love to see “Raheem, Please can you get me Solly’s shirt”

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I've got my cardboard sign ready. It reads "Some things money can't buy, football isn't one:The Premier League Title." That'll show 'em.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rather than just one side of North London heroes yesterday?

Payback is to lend us some players next season I hope

Brighton turned down having Winks on loan a couple seasons back - not that it really matters.

I still think Janssen on loan wouldn’t be the worst idea for both parties.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've got my cardboard sign ready. It reads "Some things money can't buy, football isn't one:The Premier League Title." That'll show 'em.
Except money does buy the title

Hazwaz

Jul 23, 2012
Hove
We sing (as we did at Wembley) You won the league with a pedo on the wing ,a pedo the wing ,a pedo on the wing.It got a few feathers ruffled but all in good taste

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Simple.

Wait 'til final whistle.

Head to bar.

Wait for cheers from Noel and chums whilst trophy done, finish second pint.

Back pitchside for the kids in tow trudge around.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I imagine the trophy presentation would be first. It will be shown live around the world and I don’t think the world will want to watch our lap of honour before it!!

Come on you Super Seagulls. Show the world what you can do:albion2::albion::cheery:

It will be in the small print

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's usually a bit of a gap between the end of the game and the lap of appreciation. The players go back into the changing rooms and catch their breath, probably a short debrief, then meet up with their familes before coming back out for the lap. Whereas title winning celebration tend to be quicker, as soon as the stand is put together. So I imagine it'll be the trophy presentation within minutes of the full time whistle, while our players are debriefing, then once the trophy has been lifted and a few pictures and on pitch interviews are done, the lap of appreciation will start (possibly while there are still on-pitch interviews).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's usually a bit of a gap between the end of the game and the lap of appreciation. The players go back into the changing rooms and catch their breath, probably a short debrief, then meet up with their familes before coming back out for the lap. Whereas title winning celebration tend to be quicker, as soon as the stand is put together. So I imagine it'll be the trophy presentation within minutes of the full time whistle, while our players are debriefing, then once the trophy has been lifted and a few pictures and on pitch interviews are done, the lap of appreciation will start (possibly while there are still on-pitch interviews).

This.
Let the pundits wet dream, Citeh have their moment, then concentrate on the real life issue, applauding the team we love.
Roll on next season :albion2:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Except money does buy the title

I know, that's what I said, diddle I? :mad:
images (3).jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here