Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Arsenal

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Much, much better. Turns out we can play some attacking football without compromising the defence.

Ryan - 7 - made a few excellent saves and claimed crosses well.

Bruno - 7 - legend. Still turning out solid performances against top 6 opposition, at his age.

Duffy - 9 - MOTM, absolutely superb. Arsenal just could not get past him, blocked everything and (as usual) won everything in the air

Dunk - 8.5 - see above, but Duffy edges it. Worried that we're going to struggle to keep hold of these two this Summer.

Bernardo - 8 - really classy on the ball and got forward well with Solly. That long range shot was a lot closet than it first looked.

Stephens - 7 - much better from him, good range of passing, though did get caught in possession once or twice in risky positions. Tackled well from midfield.

Gross - 6 - fairly average performance, need to work out how to get him back to last season's form. How on earth did he miss that rebound?!

Bissouma - 8 - so positive on the ball. Best player in the first half, faded in the 2nd a bit. Him and Solly together makes such a difference to our style.

March - 8 - yes his crossing could have been better, but so nice to see one of our wingers make threatening runs again. Caused their defence a lot of problems.

AJ - 4 - I've really tried to be positive about him throughout the season, but that was poor. Barely touched the ball, it was telling that all of our attacks came down the left in the first half. Wasn't a foul for the penalty though.

Murray - 6.5 - well taken penalty, not too much else to talk about today.

Subs:
Andone - 4 - in the little time he was on he could gave won the game for us on 2 occasions, one poor pass and one I have no idea what he was doing, just slowed the break down to a stop. Terrible haircut too.

Knockaert - 7 - good half from him, having a genuine threat on the right gave Solly more space too. Showed some promise, greedy to shoot on the chance he had though when there were better options to pass

Kayal - N/A

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ali J made one killer pass in the first half that might have created a goal. Not acknowledged on the telly box. And that was no penalty. He didn't do much, and I wasn't surprised by the substitution. I still feel he will come good though.

Thought Andone was OK too. His last minute fiddle diddle was deliberate time wasting.

Bissouma, Bernado, Dunk, Duffy, tiny keeper and Stevens all 10
Andone and Ali J both 6
The rest 9

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6-average

Ryan - 8
Bruno - 7
Bernardo - 7
Dunk - 8
Duffy - 9
AJ - 5
Stephens - 7
Bissouma - 7
March - 7
Gross - 7
Murray - 6

Andone - 5
Knockaert - 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Ali J made one killer pass in the first half that might have created a goal. Not acknowledged on the telly box. And that was no penalty. He didn't do much, and I wasn't surprised by the substitution. I still feel he will come good though.

Thought Andone was OK too. His last minute fiddle diddle was deliberate time wasting.

Andone and Ali J both 6
The rest 9

Wont come good for us after we get rid of him.....................

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Much, much better. Turns out we can play some attacking football without compromising the defence.

Bruno - 7 - legend. Still turning out solid performances against top 6 opposition, at his age.

Duffy - 9 - MOTM, absolutely superb. Arsenal just could not get past him, blocked everything and (as usual) won everything in the air

Dunk - 8.5 - see above, but Duffy edges it. Worried that we're going to struggle to keep hold of these two this Summer.

Bernardo - 8 - really classy on the ball and got forward well with Solly. That long range shot was a lot closet than it first looked.

Stephens - 7 - much better from him, good range of passing, though did get caught in possession once or twice in risky positions. Tackled well from midfield.

Gross - 6 - fairly average performance, need to work out how to get him back to last season's form. How on earth did he miss that rebound?!

Bissouma - 8 - so positive on the ball. Best player in the first half, faded in the 2nd a bit. Him and Solly together makes such a difference to our style.

March - 8 - yes his crossing could have been better, but so nice to see one of our wingers make threatening runs again. Caused their defence a lot of problems.

AJ - 4 - I've really tried to be positive about him throughout the season, but that was poor. Barely touched the ball, it was telling that all of our attacks came down the left in the first half. Wasn't a foul for the penalty though.

Subs:
Andone - 4 - in the little time he was on he could gave won the game for us on 2 occasions, one poor pass and one I have no idea what he was doing, just slowed the break down to a stop. Terrible haircut too.

Knockaert - 7 - good half from him, having a genuine threat on the right gave Solly more space too. Showed some promise, greedy to shoot on the chance he had though when there were better options to pass

Kayal - N/A

Very fair marks and I agree with your commments, but I would possibly give Ryan 1 extra and make him 8.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Ryan - 8 save after save
Bruno - 7 just love him, has so much class
Dunk and Duffy - 9 make no mistake we are still in the PL because of these 2, if I were a top 6 manager I would happily spend a combined 100 million on these 2
Bernardo - 8.5 brilliant performance, strong in the tackle and forward thinking
AJ - 6 worked hard but is not being played correctly, not a player you really want tracking back as it doesn’t suit his game.
Bissouma - 8 a jewel of a player and destined for greatness, love that he goes for goal so often and with a bit more composure will get goals from midfield next season
Gross - 7 getting back to fitness and he is a player who can win a game although obviously not today. He is a very cultured player
Murray - 6 happy to see him bury the penalty but he has been pretty ineffective this year. Will neee to gamble on a 30 million pound player to replace if we want to progress
March - 8 Our most improved player this year, he really is a grafter, incredible energy, defensively sound and the player most likely to make something happen. His crossing can be erratic and that should be his focus in Pre season to take him to the next level
CH - 8 we have turned a corner in the last 4 games and that is because we have attacked with intent. Fans want to see players given the chance to be heroes and win games and I hope to see more performances like that.
Ref - 5 calm but made some very poor decisions for both teams, as far as I am concerned he guessed when awarding penalty against AJ and lots of minor errors as well.
Fans - 10 you always hear the Brighton fans and they give 100% and it means a lot to the players

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ryan 8- Made some fantastic saves.

Bruno 7.5- Very good performance. Properly busted a gut when we were being countered.

Dunk 9- A world class interception and at least two amazing last ditch blocks. MoM.

Duffy 8.5- Couple of dodgy moments in the first half but did very well in the second half.

Bernardo 7.5- Offered something going forward today which made a nice change. Good effort at goal as well.

Jahanbakhsh 4- Not going to blame him for the pen, but he contributed nothing again.

Stephens 7- Good all round performance. A few needless fouls as ever, but decent on the whole.

Bissouma 7- Reminds me of Knockaert in the way he is capable of brilliance but just takes one touch too many. Still a good showing, great to have some energy in the middle.

March 7- A few disappointing crosses but he did well. Great run for the penalty.

Groß 6- Mostly quiet bar a few decent passes. Missed a massive chance and looked tired.

Murray 6.5- Did what he could, some decent link up play and a good pen.

Subs-

Knockaert 7- Looked really up for it again. We looked so much better with him on.

Andone 3- Conversely to Knockaert, looked like he couldn't be arsed. Cocked up two glorious breakaways.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Andone and Ali J both 6
The rest 9
Just don't see how AJ can come good when he isn't strong, isn't fast and hasn't got the skill to take people on. He hasn't scored one goal or had one assist. He'd be better in a more attacking and confident team of course but we need better.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Ryan 8
Bruno 8
Dunk 8
Duffy 9
Bernardo 8
AJ 3
Stephens 8
Bissouma 7.5 (yes what a talent but quite wasteful too)
March 7
Murray 7
Knockhart 6.5
Andone 4 (can someone teach him how to break when we have 2 on 1 please!!)

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
March awesome and the whole team looked more dangerous when Knocky came on too. Dunk and Duffy immense and Bruno once again the calming influence on the team.

Fantastic performance and very exciting.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just don't see how AJ can come good when he isn't strong, isn't fast and hasn't got the skill to take people on. He hasn't scored one goal or had one assist. He'd be better in a more attacking and confident team of course but we need better.

There is every chance he will be offloaded. One view of the half time substitution is CH has little faith in him. I recall some of the dismissive views about March at one point. So I am hopeful.

Tremendous hair, though.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
There is every chance he will be offloaded. One view of the half time substitution is CH has little faith in him. I recall some of the dismissive views about March at one point. So I am hopeful.

Tremendous hair, though.
Immaculate. Don't think he headed the ball either and why would you with that barnet.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not many defenders in the [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION] like [MENTION=14730]shane[/MENTION]duffy and [MENTION=15917]lewis[/MENTION]Dunk5 It s pleasure watching them enjoying basic defensive duties. Call me old school but they are proper centre backs ����

Tweet from Sylvian Distain, high praise, indeed.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath

Subs:

Kayal - N/A

Spot on all these...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just don't see how AJ can come good when he isn't strong, isn't fast and hasn't got the skill to take people on.

Do all wingers need those qualities?

He reminds me much more of a Beckham than an Overmars.

As in Holland (twice), he has had a poor first season but I think we’ll see him at his best come August.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here