Top performance with the same players

Take the shackles off Chris and we could see more of this

Could have won it today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can we have another Hughton in/out poll ? Just for a giggle.

Or why not just produce a half and half scarf ?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Top performance but its a hell of a lot easier when the opposition have a dodgy defence and only really know how to attack.

Not taking anything away from our performance but we could not do that against the other top 6 sides except maybe Utd who also have a dodgy defence.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
We were superb weren’t we? Chris, more of this next season please. We’re expected to get beat anyway so what’s there to lose?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Top performance with the same players

Take the shackles off Chris and we could see more of this

Could have won it today

But the problem is, he has proven he won't take off the shackles, which is why so many want him to go. We have a mid table squad, we have a bottom five manager.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We did alright today but it’s ridiculous to suggest that performance was proof we’d have done much better if we’d gone for it all season. We don’t have the quality.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
We did alright today but it’s ridiculous to suggest that performance was proof we’d have done much better if we’d gone for it all season. We don’t have the quality.

Agree. We do not have an issue putting in a performance against the bigger sides, it is against the lower sides and when it really matters that we rarely turn up - Southampton, Cardiff and Newcastle first half being recent examples.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I wouldn’t have expected us to go for it all season (agree we don’t currently have the depth or quality) however I can think of at least 5-8 games where we sat back too depth and panicked, we could have been on the beach a month ago

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's amazing how difference a performance is with a bit of confidence. That's the sort of performance that made me suggest we might break into the top 10. January to April destroyed that idea

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Credit to CH and to the players for a very good performance today. Best for absolutely ages. Had we played like that a few more times this season, we wouldn't have been in this position.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Much better. The football's considerably more enjoyable to watch when we try to win a game rather than avoid losing it.

3 points out of the last 24 isn't exactly finishing with a flourish. But it's a very good point there.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We scored against a top six club away from home, when was the last time we even looked like doing it?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If only we could play each game without pressure.
Tbf though: we’ve consistently raised our level against the top sides this season. Chelsea away excluded.
The side that started the second half is, I believe, our best team. Sorry Davy but there it is

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We drew with Arsenal at home on Boxing Day, so it's hardly a new revelation.

It is a revelation to be honest. Playing these sides away is a completely different ball game to playing them at home. That was our first away point against a top 6 side in the Premier League

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here