Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We run the Gooners so close who said the players aren't good enough?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I can understand your political views as working in the union environment you have been groomed and understand that.
Your Hughton liking may just be that you are as close to a CH lookie likey as possible, without entering into the way the man likes to play his football.

I love all Albion enthusiast, however, all the Hughton lovers obviously have never kicked a ball.:thumbsup:

Ha ha don't be a tit mate...true I can't kick a football for toffees but by that comparison you come nowhere near Chris Hughtons credentials. Sucker it up mate...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
True, but that was when we were getting results and at home.

The proof is the players are good enough although we will need the right additions to keep the LEVELS better.

If played in the right way and the right team selected we can provide entertainment and results.

If we don't get injuries or suspensions we can play the players we want to play. I hope the recruitment team get the right players in to improve the team.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Dead rubbers are easy to play in if we’d played like that in mid April when it was required nobody would have anything negative to say

Dead rubber? Arsenal were playing for the last Champions League place, which they have just pissed away along with millions of pounds of revenue.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Lots on the Arsenal forum wanting to sign Dunk and Duffy. So good to be reminded how good we can be. Surely Hughton will have more faith in them now. We need a proper athlete in the Gross role though, it's like he's running underwater.

D

Deleted member 2719

Ha ha don't be a tit mate...true I can't kick a football for toffees but by that comparison you come nowhere near Chris Hughtons credentials. Sucker it up mate...

I wasn't talking about you, I was just saying maybe that was the case.

I did actually take a team from bottom to third in a season with NO budget at all!!

I'd take him on, head to head and not even mention LEVELS.

:banana::banana::hilton:

D

Deleted member 2719

Lots on the Arsenal forum wanting to sign Dunk and Duffy. So good to be reminded how good we can be. Surely Hughton will have more faith in them now. We need a proper athlete in the Gross role though, it's like he's running underwater.

Exactly with D and D in defence, I would be happy to play 4-1-5 !!

D

Deleted member 2719

If we don't get injuries or suspensions we can play the players we want to play. I hope the recruitment team get the right players in to improve the team.

I have every faith in the recruitment, AJ looks to be not ready yet but I am not writing the lad off yet.

Injuries can screw anyone, suspensions can happen with passion...... I like passion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have every faith in the recruitment, AJ looks to be not ready yet but I am not writing the lad off yet.

Injuries can screw anyone, suspensions can happen with passion...... I like passion.

Groß injury was the one that screwed us. As soon as he was back in the team, we improved.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wasn't talking about you, I was just saying maybe that was the case.

I did actually take a team from bottom to third in a season with NO budget at all!!

I'd take him on, head to head and not even mention LEVELS.

:banana::banana::hilton:

Championship Manager?
;-)

Sorry Mouldy couldn't resist......

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think a draw was a fair result, But for running them close, nah, nowhere near, we have a better defence than they do, that's all. That includes Bruno. . Bruno FFS, he should be retired . . . .he's still better than any Arsenal defender and one of our best!

The fact we couldn't score against their shower tells you everything you need to know about,our problem area.

D

Deleted member 2719

Championship Manager?
;-)

Sorry Mouldy couldn't resist......

No, real life albeit not the top level.

But it's about managing what you have to get the best results isn't it Teddy???

I just feel we missed far too many opportunities and invite so much pressure into a crowded penalty box, I would have hated this as a player and yes I was predominantly a defender.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
No, real life albeit not the top level.

But it's about managing what you have to get the best results isn't it Teddy???

I just feel we missed far too many opportunities and invite so much pressure into a crowded penalty box, I would have hated this as a player and yes I was predominantly a defender.

DEFENDER mate yes.........good? Erm yes.........but not at Premier league level. Crickey you were only at a level even I couldn't succeed at! :bowdown:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think a draw was a fair result, But for running them close, nah, nowhere near, we have a better defence than they do, that's all. That includes Bruno. . Bruno FFS, he should be retired . . . .he's still better than any Arsenal defender and one of our best!

The fact we couldn't score against their shower tells you everything you need to know about,our problem area.

Are you some sort of mentalist. I am sure the score I looked at said 1-1?

Also, “their shower”? This is a team challenging for a Champions league spot, not Huddersfield.

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
You are cheap mate...buts let's not disagree....time to celebrate. We were not swamped by a top six team and we competed. Look forward to next season. Who knows we may get to 16th position.

Seagullllllllssßsßs

We were not swamped because Chris has given the side an excellent defensive unit which will only provide goals from set pieces,as a newspaper report Boring Brighton,if you are satisfied with that, then okay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here