Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 54
  1. #41
    Members
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    12,145


    9 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, real life albeit not the top level.

    But it's about managing what you have to get the best results isn't it Teddy

    I just feel we missed far too many opportunities and invite so much pressure into a crowded penalty box, I would have hated this as a player and yes I was predominantly a defender.
    I too also coached and played at a relatively good level. I am a Hughton supporter (so have kicked a ball)

    We simply cannot take the game to any teams that have pace, see Bournemouth at home. Propper loses the ball upfield, the shape is compromised, Bournemouth literally walk through us. Southampton Bissouma lost it cheaply, Burnley on the penalty quick break.......

    Consequently, all we can currently do is set up rigidly, in a 'bend but don't break' style of system. I think if we had a forward more mobile than Murray perhaps we could change, but we don't, Andone lacks height and cannot hold the ball, and Gross just doesn't look fit to me, so we don't have numbers near Murray. It really is like a forward vs defence exercise.

    I would also throw in all the positive comments regarding Bissouma have come particularly in his last two appearances, that is because he has combined flair with discipline, and that can only be because of good coaching from the management team.

    But, again all IMO, Ryan does need to push us up about 10 yards further, and whilst high press is the way forward, you cannot do it without having athletes in your team (and we don't).

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #42
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      29,678


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ha ha don't be a tit mate...true I can't kick a football for toffees but by that comparison you come nowhere near Chris Hughtons credentials. Sucker it up mate...
      Nailed
    • #43
      Members Jim Van Winkle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      2,515


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Bissouma is a potential Albion god, love that lad.

      Yet Hughton die-hards keep saying we don't have the players, let that lad go he won't let us down.

      You can see it is in his DNA.
      And him laughing at Monreal at the final whistle. What a lad.
    • #44
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      56,035


      0 Not allowed!
      Arsenal are ALWAYS flakey when it counts. There's no will to win there. Hasn't been for years. Their players are stealing a PL living. Man City are the real deal. We'll do amazingly well to peg them back next Sunday. Or possibly this Sunday.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #45
      Members OzMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Perth Australia
      Posts
      9,387


      0 Not allowed!
      Maybe we should adopt this attitude for every game and aim for mid table obscurity.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.
    • #46
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      25,199


      2 Not allowed!
      Yes, a much better performance, and yes, our players can play a bit; they're decent players. But we still need to replace some of them with better players in the summer in order to progress, or even stand still.
    • #47
      Members Mouldy Boots's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      O U T
      Posts
      10,743


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by *Gullsworth* View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      DEFENDER mate yes.........good? Erm yes.........but not at Premier league level. Crickey you were only at a level even I couldn't succeed at!
      You even sounding like CH, levels, levels levels!!

      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I too also coached and played at a relatively good level. I am a Hughton supporter (so have kicked a ball)

      We simply cannot take the game to any teams that have pace, see Bournemouth at home. Propper loses the ball upfield, the shape is compromised, Bournemouth literally walk through us. Southampton Bissouma lost it cheaply, Burnley on the penalty quick break.......

      Consequently, all we can currently do is set up rigidly, in a 'bend but don't break' style of system. I think if we had a forward more mobile than Murray perhaps we could change, but we don't, Andone lacks height and cannot hold the ball, and Gross just doesn't look fit to me, so we don't have numbers near Murray. It really is like a forward vs defence exercise.

      I would also throw in all the positive comments regarding Bissouma have come particularly in his last two appearances, that is because he has combined flair with discipline, and that can only be because of good coaching from the management team.

      But, again all IMO, Ryan does need to push us up about 10 yards further, and whilst high press is the way forward, you cannot do it without having athletes in your team (and we don't).
      Yes I agree with nearly all you say, but this is his team predominantly, so this is the way he chooses to play, slow methodical in the middle of the park and at centre forward.
      If we get stretched yes it makes DS and DP look like they have boots in concrete.
      Bissouma has to learn somewhen and IMO is a proper talent and should be in there with Andone, March and Knocky.
      I have never criticised the coaching team just the head honcho, who like 10 behind the ball.
      I have said it many times before its predictable boring and it relies on D and D and Ryan blocking everything, it's so open to the odd error.
      I rate the vast majority of our squad, yes there is always a better player out there but these boys could be shown how to attack and not just defend!!
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
    • #48
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,145


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You even sounding like CH, levels, levels levels!!



      Yes I agree with nearly all you say, but this is his team predominantly, so this is the way he chooses to play, slow methodical in the middle of the park and at centre forward.
      If we get stretched yes it makes DS and DP look like they have boots in concrete.
      Bissouma has to learn somewhen and IMO is a proper talent and should be in there with Andone, March and Knocky.
      I have never criticised the coaching team just the head honcho, who like 10 behind the ball.
      I have said it many times before its predictable boring and it relies on D and D and Ryan blocking everything, it's so open to the odd error.
      I rate the vast majority of our squad, yes there is always a better player out there but these boys could be shown how to attack and not just defend!!
      But isn’t that the job of the entire coaching staff, not just an ex left back, who happens to be the manager.

      Trollope for example, does he challenge Chris or is he a ‘yes’ man? (I mean he wasn’t a success at Cardiff) @NooBHA would obviously know more from a personality perspective.

      Managers have to be challenged, and behind every good one is a good Assistant.

      Generally teams are built from a solid defence (and we have that).

      As for his team, well he’s part of the recruitment team, but what is he being presented with as options for signings? Is it a list of options, or is it this is all we can afford (I.e. ordinary Dutch players with good stats)?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #49
      Keith Keith Keith Dublin herecomesaregular's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      1,364


      0 Not allowed!
      Watching at the game yesterday (made it last minute) restored my faith in Chris and that we do have players that can compete at this level. Solly, Biss, Bernardo and Knocky were great.
    • #50
      Members Mouldy Boots's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      O U T
      Posts
      10,743


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But isn’t that the job of the entire coaching staff, not just an ex left back, who happens to be the manager.

      Trollope for example, does he challenge Chris or is he a ‘yes’ man? (I mean he wasn’t a success at Cardiff) @NooBHA would obviously know more from a personality perspective.

      Managers have to be challenged, and behind every good one is a good Assistant.

      Generally teams are built from a solid defence (and we have that).

      As for his team, well he’s part of the recruitment team, but what is he being presented with as options for signings? Is it a list of options, or is it this is all we can afford (I.e. ordinary Dutch players with good stats)?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't think PT does challenge CH enough, look at Jones hardly a yes man and he was soon demoted to get ultra defensive Calderwood by his side again.
      I bet CH and CC didn't use NJ opinions much, if at all.
      IMO he isn't open to change, thats just the way he is.

      He must have told the recruitment team what he wants In his team, ie pace, playmaker, hold It up type CF, it really is down to him to extract it from the player in several systems.

      There can be no excuses and i have not once heard him say, i need to improve MY levels.
      Take it on the chin Chris, Doesn't make you weaker.
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •