Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Juan Mata

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A player of that quality would make such a difference to this team. Where did this story come from?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Similar to Giroud as well, a pay cut to live on the English riviera . . . The finest county in the land, who could say no.

This.
Been wondering for some time, especially as he is reaching the end of his career so a salary drop may be possible/acceptable) though let’s face it he’d have to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Yes, but not until December assuming that he is a quick learner.

Joking aside, Mata has just the kind of experience we need.
I’d love a signing like him and I could see this happening if any lessons have been learned from this season.
If signings like are an impossible dream then maybe we’re not big enough to be in the division.
Something has to give for the club to progress.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Similar to Giroud as well, a pay cut to live on the English riviera . . . The finest county in the land, who could say no.

Giroud would be my choice to replace Murray, so much more about his game than Mitrovic. Unlikely though :down:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Giroud would be my choice to replace Murray, so much more about his game than Mitrovic. Unlikely though :down:

So despite fighting against the system for all of 2019, you still want everything to stay the same for next season?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This would be great, my username would come into its own.

And if we singed a player called Oaty he'd bound to turn out to be a donkey.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This.
Been wondering for some time, especially as he is reaching the end of his career so a salary drop may be possible/acceptable) though let’s face it he’d have to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he is on a free perhaps we can afford his wages. With Bruno being good friends with him, a guaranteed starting place and the chance to be hero worshipped down on the sunny south coast I think there's a chance for this one

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lost me there I’m afraid, care to expand

Giroud for Murray is and certainly will be the very definition of like for like.

Sure he might be an upgrade now, but now he's got Hazard et al doing all his donkey work and yet he still looks a bit pony.
Stick Giroud in our team and within weeks he'll be exactly the same as Murray, only worse, as he'll have no affinity to the club, manager or playing style.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Giroud for Murray is and certainly will be the very definition of like for like.

Sure he might be an upgrade now, but now he's got Hazard et al doing all his donkey work and yet he still looks a bit pony.
Stick Giroud in our team and within weeks he'll be exactly the same as Murray, only worse, as he'll have no affinity to the club, manager or playing style.

Agreed - no World Cup winners here thanks - just a few more off colour Iranians and overweight Dutchmen will do the job

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed - no World Cup winners here thanks - just a few more off colour Iranians and overweight Dutchmen will do the job

World Cup winner can be a pretty low bar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here