Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City game live on Sky

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just imagine....injury time, bus has been firmly parked and its 0-0 (Man City 87% possession and 37 attempts to our none), they get a corner, everyone is up inc the keeper......Duffy heads clear and.....Andone is away and slots it. Final whistle goes, 1-0 Albion. Sky cut to the Liverpool game as news reaches there.......[emoji23][emoji23]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That would make more sense had you said 'even though we're now safe'.

Not really. If we'd needed to win to stay up - against City FFS - there would have been those who went in hope and those who cashed in to avoid the inevitable misery. This is now a pressure-off game, a staying up party, a free hit. Much more enjoyable.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I've no idea why any true Brighton fan would watch this on telly or sell their ST to a City fan. Completely unthinkable to me, especially now we're safe. Last chance to see mates and those we sit near till August, 3pm kick off so plenty of beer time, no pressure and the eyes of the world on City. Best case we spoil their party and enjoy a massive afternoon of schadenfreude. Worst case they inflict the expected 5-0 whooping on us and we pile back in to the pubs in town early and let them enjoy their party, safe in the knowledge that there are plastic scousers everywhere crying in to their lager.

The idea that you'd risk losing your ST for a few hundred quid is also completely beyond me.

What it does mean is that our last FOUR games will have been televised. Good revenue for the club though I'm not sure of the exposure. I can almost hear the TV top brass and pundits muttering "not those boring ****s again" under their breath.

“Plastic Scousers”........unlike those City fans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just imagine....injury time, bus has been firmly parked and its 0-0 (Man City 87% possession and 37 attempts to our none), they get a corner, everyone is up inc the keeper......Duffy heads clear and.....Andone is away and slots it. Final whistle goes, 1-0 Albion. Sky cut to the Liverpool game as news reaches there.......[emoji23][emoji23]

Bless those who’ve left early to get home for Countryfile

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Plastic Scousers”........unlike those City fans.

Any City fan present in the away end will have their top number of points so certainly won't be plastic. Any present in the home end will have paid hundreds of pounds to sit with the enemy so, again, not plastic. However, the pubs in Brighton will be full of shirted "scousers" who have never seen the inside of Anfield. There's one that lives round the corner from me, spends his whole life posting things like "top of the league and that's a fact" on Facebook, yet wouldn't come to Anfield when offered a ticket at the end of last season because it was "too expensive". Then there are those nobbers who take over the King and Queen.

Don't get me wrong, it will be hearbreaking for true Liverpool fans who have put in the effort week in, week out if you don't do it but the sight of people who can barely spell "Liverpool" trailing home all disappointed from the pubs in town will make me chuckle quite a lot.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Any City fan present in the away end will have their top number of points so certainly won't be plastic. Any present in the home end will have paid hundreds of pounds to sit with the enemy so, again, not plastic. However, the pubs in Brighton will be full of shirted "scousers" who have never seen the inside of Anfield. There's one that lives round the corner from me, spends his whole life posting things like "top of the league and that's a fact" on Facebook, yet wouldn't come to Anfield when offered a ticket at the end of last season because it was "too expensive". Then there are those nobbers who take over the King and Queen.

Don't get me wrong, it will be hearbreaking for true Liverpool fans who have put in the effort week in, week out if you don't do it but the sight of people who can barely spell "Liverpool" trailing home all disappointed from the pubs in town will make me chuckle quite a lot.
I get your point, but that could probably be said of any club in the world that consistently competes at the top level for trophies. My point was quoted from Guinness Boys quote, although he’s obviously not keen on Liverpool fans of whatever type!

OK I'll come clean.

When I started this thread I had decided I wouldn't go to the game. No, I wouldn't have sold my ticket to a City fan but I just didn't fancy watching another club celebrating like crazy while we probably suffered another defeat. I've seen too many of those this season.

But having read all the comments on here and having thought it through I've changed my mind and will be there after all.

I still think it unlikely we will get anything and City will get the title without too much difficulty but you never know.

Plus if the Huddersfield fans can sing "We're going down" at home against Man U then the least I can do is to support my team when we have already achieved what we set out to achieve, even if we did it the ugly way.

So my lucky underpants will get one last outing, even though they haven't worked very often this season :shootself

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've no idea why any true Brighton fan would watch this on telly or sell their ST to a City fan. Completely unthinkable to me, especially now we're safe. Last chance to see mates and those we sit near till August, 3pm kick off so plenty of beer time, no pressure and the eyes of the world on City. Best case we spoil their party and enjoy a massive afternoon of schadenfreude. Worst case they inflict the expected 5-0 whooping on us and we pile back in to the pubs in town early and let them enjoy their party, safe in the knowledge that there are plastic scousers everywhere crying in to their lager.

The idea that you'd risk losing your ST for a few hundred quid is also completely beyond me.

What it does mean is that our last FOUR games will have been televised. Good revenue for the club though I'm not sure of the exposure. I can almost hear the TV top brass and pundits muttering "not those boring ****s again" under their breath.

BDGS golf mate! Far more important that a meaningless game now we are safe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here