Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Redemption Sunday(s)

el punal

After the Cardiff defeat a couple of weeks ago I didn’t think we’d score another goal, let alone get another point. In every department we were rock bottom. The only glimmer of hope was that, at the time, we were still two points above Cardiff and with a game in hand. Even that was small consolation as the team’s confidence was shot to pieces and we probably would not have been able to make that advantage tell. It was all down to what Cardiff would do.

Well now we know. They did everything we wanted them to do, they lost every game. We sort of helped by gaining a further two points against Wolves and Newcastle, and a no-pointer but stirring defensive performance at Tottenham. We are now safe, in fact remarkably, despite our travails, we have never been in the bottom three.

So now we can all relax, the board, the team, the coaching staff, Chris Hughton, and us, the fans. We have another season in the Prem - deserved or not. We have two fixtures remaining, both toughies. Arsenal, today away, and Man.City next Sunday. My wish? That Chris Hughton takes off the shackles, lets the players express themselves, be adventurous, be bold and attack, let’s be exciting and entertaining. Let’s show the footballing world that we don’t have to play dull, dour, doldrums football all the time.

Yes I know it’s a wish, a fanciful one at that, but I reckon us fans deserve a bit of light relief after such a turgid and disappointing season. Here’s hoping. :drink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My wish? That Chris Hughton takes off the shackles, lets the players express themselves, be adventurous, be bold and attack, let’s be exciting and entertaining.

Still drunk from last night?

REALITY CHECK

You’re essentially wishing for Arsenal 4 - Albion 0.

Our only chance is to defend deep like we did at Spuds and hope for better luck and a bit more quality on the break or at set-pieces.

This is the ENGLISH Premier League not the Scotch one!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
As the o/p said.

"We are now safe, in fact remarkably, despite our travails, we have never been in the bottom three."

That puts things into perspective and is a point that the moaners and '
" Hughton out brigade" should consider

Incidentally, I can't help wondering if things may have turned out differently
If Cardiff C. Had not lost Emiliano Sala ? ???

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
“We have another season in the Prem - deserved or not.”

It’s deserved.

Just hold on tight for next season.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
As the o/p said.

"We are now safe, in fact remarkably, despite our travails, we have never been in the bottom three."

That puts things into perspective and is a point that the moaners and '
" Hughton out brigade" should consider

Incidentally, I can't help wondering if things may have turned out differently
If Cardiff C. Had not lost Emiliano Sala ? ???

Have you not read the news Cardiff say that he was never their player , so how can they lose a player they never had

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm getting fed up with people saying now we are safe we should either play expansive football or play some of the U23s or both.

It is not going to happen. We have been preparing the game plan for this afternoon all week and won't change it now.
But more importantly given that who we are playing with both opponents having something to play for we must honour the integrity of the competition and not just roll over and suffering two heavy defeats just to please the give it a go brigade

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm getting fed up with people saying now we are safe we should either play expansive football or play some of the U23s or both.

It is not going to happen. We have been preparing the game plan for this afternoon all week and won't change it now.
But more importantly given that who we are playing with both opponents having something to play for we must honour the integrity of the competition and not just roll over and suffering two heavy defeats just to please the give it a go brigade
Will be interesting who has "come down with flu" this morning after a late night out.

el punal

Still drunk from last night?

REALITY CHECK

You’re essentially wishing for Arsenal 4 - Albion 0.

Our only chance is to defend deep like we did at Spuds and hope for better luck and a bit more quality on the break or at set-pieces.

This is the ENGLISH Premier League not the Scotch one!

Read again! I said “my wish”. Reality has f*** all to do with my dreams and hopes coming true, if that were the case I would have won the lottery every week and we would be in the Champions League. :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Read again! I said “my wish”. Reality has f*** all to do with my dreams and hopes coming true, if that were the case I would have won the lottery every week and we would be in the Champions League. :shrug:

Fair enough, I read ‘my wish’ as ‘I want’.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Will be interesting who has "come down with flu" this morning after a late night out.

I'm sure nothing more than half a glass of wine with a nice pasta based dinner was consumed before an early bedtime, just after the Cardiff v Palace game on MOTD had finished. :flypig:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here