Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
AJ's contribution so far: gives away a penalty, loses the ball, tells the ref he touches the ball, gets offside. It can only get better!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stupid challenge though. He is a bloody liability. Just left his leg dangling for the Arsenal player to fall over.
The ball was there and he won it!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The graphic just showed we've conceded most pens this season in the Prem, and it's no surprise players dive when when they know the prospect of us scoring two is slim. When is Alan Smith going to admit that was a blatant dive by Monreal?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No they don't, they should be able to spot a dive from 3 yards though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly, shit decision, thought about it and realised he was reffing a top game.

Jesus after several replays Alan Smith actually brings himself to say it might be a dive!!! No friggin maybe about it. Scandalous decision.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
**** me, most excitement I’ve had for weeks

No they don't, they should be able to spot a dive from 3 yards though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasn’t that clear, telly has replayed it 10 times and no one can say yes or no there wasn’t a marginal touch. It was a 50-50 call by the ref and in those circumstances they will be influenced by the appalling clumsiness of the tackle

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I agree we need to sell him but hat's not the point. He won the challenge, he couldn't do any more. Shocking refereeing decision.

There’s a camera angle where he touches Monreal and one where he doesn’t. He’s behind the attacking player though so any contact is a pen. It was a needless and thoughtless challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here