Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton weighing up move for Rangers £8m-rated defender James Tavernier

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't be bothered to do a full profile on another Argie that won't be able to get a work permit.
Anyone else wishing to fill in the blanks, crack on.

Brighton and Southampton are weighing up a bid for Rangers' goalscoring full back James Tavernier this summer.

The Rangers captain has scored a remarkable 16 goals in the Scottish Premiership and Europa League this season and added another 20 assists in the process.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...eighing-Rangers-defender-James-Tavernier.html

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Isn't there a fairly decent CB in Glasgow who is British ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Isn't there a fairly decent CB in Glasgow who is British ?

Yes, but he’s not better than our 2 first choice centre backs and wanted to play, albeit at a lower level, rather than be back up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, but he’s not better than our 2 first choice centre backs and wanted to play, albeit at a lower level, rather than be back up.

So, we go for the original guy who is playing well, but, at a much lower level ?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Whilst we are up there we should take a look at Kieran Tierney of Celtic, a very decent left sided fullback

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Whilst we are up there we should take a look at Kieran Tierney of Celtic, a very decent left sided fullback

I can't see that happening somehow, he's been linked to the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal no chance he's coming down here.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any chance of some PREMIER LEAGUE players please? Monkey tennis league isn’t even up to the standard of the Eredivisie and the players we’ve bought from there recently are dogs hit.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Any chance of some PREMIER LEAGUE players please? Monkey tennis league isn’t even up to the standard of the Eredivisie and the players we’ve bought from there recently are dogs hit.

This. Can we at least do a little bit of shopping at Waitrose this time instead of Kwik-e-Mart ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Not a lot in it.

They probably still owe us money for Murphy and Goldson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can't be bothered to do a full profile on another Argie that won't be able to get a work permit.

Brighton and Southampton are weighing up a bid for Rangers' goalscoring full back James Tavernier this summer.

The Rangers captain has scored a remarkable 16 goals in the Scottish Premiership and Europa League this season and added another 20 assists in the process.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...eighing-Rangers-defender-James-Tavernier.html

That would be a big yes from me. There is that point, about ten yards in from the touch line, and five yards short of the 18 yard line, where our full backs (and wingers) stop, turn round, and pass it back to Stephens in our own half - or in the centre circle on a good day.
Watch Alexander-Arnold and Robertson for Liverpool - at that point they ping in beautifully weighted centres from which goals are often scored. Tavernier does exactly the same for Rangers, so yes please for that. The one question mark may be his defending - but we do have one of the finest defensive coaches around, eh?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
That would be a big yes from me. There is that point, about ten yards in from the touch line, and five yards short of the 18 yard line, where our full backs (and wingers) stop, turn round, and pass it back to Stephens in our own half - or in the centre circle on a good day.
Watch Alexander-Arnold and Robertson for Liverpool - at that point they ping in beautifully weighted centres from which goals are often scored. Tavernier does exactly the same for Rangers, so yes please for that. The one question mark may be his defending - but we do have one of the finest defensive coaches around, eh?

You do realise you're comparing two of the best fullbacks in one of the best leagues in the world to a guy that couldn't cut it in the Championship with Wigan before being moved on to a lower league for £200k?
Last SPL match I watched, Gary Dicker was without doubt the best player on the pitch, playing for Kilmarnock who currently sit 3rd.
Luckily it's in the Mail.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld

And where’s his bitta crumpet too? Slacking you are mush

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Trouble is whilst he’s pinging in a beautifully weighted centre Glenn is still wheezing over the half way line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here