Lewes
If someone had said

Come end of season you'll be safe with two games to go
You'll have a day out at Wembley in FA Cup Semi Final

Oh and you'll take six points off Palace :clap:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Probably, yes, definitely yes. It doesn’t quite paper over the obvious cracks though does it?
We are a very negative team playing poorly.
I know we have survived but we have been extremely fortunate that the teams below have been unusually poor. Even more so than usual for this division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much everyone, surely. It’s just the way we’ve done it thats a bit disappointing. Got to improve next season, but it’s always about incremental build with TB. Onwards and upwards.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
August then yes I would've taken it. In January not a chance I had hoped for so much more than 17th

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think so, however if it would have mean playing dreadfully after the palace away game, then no!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Probably, yes, definitely yes. It doesn’t quite paper over the obvious cracks though does it?
We are a very negative team playing poorly.
I know we have survived but we have been extremely fortunate that the teams below have been unusually poor. Even more so than usual for this division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with all that, second half of season has been dire.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No. We collapsed towards the end of the season, and will be lucky to survive next year without considerable improvement. Far too many points dropped against teams even worse than us (all three of them).

D minus. Not good enough. Must try harder.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Murray scored 8 goals up to the game against Palace in December - he has scored 3 since - that is the problem.

Hughton needs two strikers who can score 25 goals between them. The problem is that it is very hard to find a striker who will score at that rate in the PL.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
At the beginning of the season definitely. Fulham, Huddersfield and Carfiff have shown how difficult it is for newly promoted clubs to survive for two seasons. So overall job done.

However, after we beat Everton and drew with Arsenal at Xmas clearly the second half of the season has been very disappointing. Perhaps the players, like us fans, looked at the run of home fixtures and thought job done. If so that good for next season as we will know we need to be so much better in the home games against teams around us.

Major overhaul needed in the summer but for me Hughton gets to start the season but TB shouldn’t hesitate if the form from this year continues into the first ten games.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Yes no question we have done well this season better than last season when you take into account players Injuries which have disrupted team selection continuity with that said its a great season staying up with two games to go chance to try something different for last two games

For next season we need a proven Prem standard forward, one additional winger, one number 10 playmaker and a right back

No, we’ve gone backwards since last season, we should never accept that

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
In the end - YES, but at the turn of the year I thought we could aim for mid table and only require the odd tweak this summer. Having witnessed our capitulation since January it now looks like major surgery will be needed to avoid us being the Huddersfield of next season.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm happy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
August then yes I would've taken it. In January not a chance I had hoped for so much more than 17th

So that's a yes for 'at the start of the season' then.

Hoped for a bit more, of course, but bearing in mind second season syndrome, our relatively low budget, our lack of PL history and all that I'd have bitten your hand off for 17th, Cup semi-final and the double over Palarse; anyone who wouldn't have would have to be an idiot! This summer though, we have to buy quality, not quantity - I'd rather we only got two or three players in than a job-lot like we got in last summer.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Let’s not try and dress up the season. It’s been poor and we are likely to go down next season if we play like we have been in the past couple of months. We’ve had some high points but we need to get back to reality pretty quickly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It has been grim since the loss to Southampton.

Time after time, missing a chance to get that last win.

So no, I definately wouldn't have taken this torturous end to the season if asked.

And I wouldn't now take similar for next season.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here