Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where will we finish next season?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
14th.

The difference between 18th and 7th is a coin toss.
There's usually two dead ducks from jump, and then, until the top six, not a lot to distinguish.

theboybilly

Hughton's kept us up 2 years in a row so why do we have no chance of survival with him at the helm next season?

Because we got lucky. I'm not convinced Cardiff are worse than us and have had enough awful decisions go against them in the last 6 weeks to have saved them had they been correctly given. We are the least pleasing to the eye of any team in the Premier League utilising a single-plan system that every other manager has sussed out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Because we got lucky. I'm not convinced Cardiff are worse than us and have had enough awful decisions go against them in the last 6 weeks to have saved them had they been correctly given. We are the least pleasing to the eye of any team in the Premier League utilising a single-plan system that every other manager has sussed out.
I think we've been pretty unlucky ourselves for decisions, to be fair to us !

And the injury time offside goal Cardiff scored against us was a 3 point swing in their favour.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If nothing significant changes : bottom 3

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
At the moment, we are Huddersfield Mark 2

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Depends on the transfers and who is the manager, will reply next season.

I personally think CH had a plan this season that went tits up through injuries and that was play deep break fast hence our constant purchasing of wingers sadly injuries put paid to that and he was forced to use players out of position

I agree much depends upon the summer ins and outs and please no more Dutch players but maybe an Australian midfielder Might be what we need

So my prediction based on the first half of this season and on the assumption we get a few possabley four new players forward, winger, Midfielder and right back plus have a little more luck regarding injuries I think we should be aimimg for 45 points and mid table mediocrity which would be real progress

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I personally think CH had a plan this season that went tits up through injuries and that was play deep break fast hence our constant purchasing of wingers sadly injuries put paid to that and he was forced to use players out of position

I agree much depends upon the summer ins and outs and please no more Dutch players but maybe an Australian midfielder Might be what we need

So my prediction based on the first half of this season and on the assumption we get a few possabley four new players forward, winger, Midfielder and right back plus have a little more luck regarding injuries I think we should be aimimg for 45 points and mid table mediocrity which would be real progress

Whatever happens it won't stop me from putting stupid bets on, like Brighton getting into Europe or winning the league.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Whatever happens it won't stop me from putting stupid bets on, like Brighton getting into Europe or winning the league.

And rightly so although it's the main reason I am such a bad gambler as I cannot bet again not Brighton or for Palace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here