Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Things I’d like to see v Arsenal

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
What I don't want to see is another timid, insipid performance where we are scared of our own shadows, not allowed out of our own half and still lose.
We can still overtake Southampton, let's do so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'd finally like us to see us play without fear, because fear is the biggest inhibitor in any situation, if you let it get inside your head, and you can see it diminish and consume people.

Now that we are safe I'd like to see some courage, some freedom of expression and that huge weight that has been like lead weights in our players' boots since Janaury somehow melt away. More than anything, I just want to see the players enjoy themselves, spray it around, give it a bloody good go from the first whistle and see what happens.

Yes, I know we will more than likely set up for a dour 0-0 that will result in the Environment Agency being scrambled to investigate the huge stink in north London; but God I hope we actually turn up with some belief and courage. Is that really too much to ask, now that we are safe?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Midfielders we don't have yet. Leave it as it is. 4411 suits the squad best we can change that in the summer.

We could play Bernardo on the left side of midfield?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd finally like us to see us play without fear, because fear is the biggest inhibitor in any situation, if you let it get inside your head, and you can see it diminish and consume people.

Now that we are safe I'd like to see some courage, some freedom of expression and that huge weight that has been like lead weights in our players' boots since Janaury somehow melt away. More than anything, I just want to see the players enjoy themselves, spray it around, give it a bloody good go from the first whistle and see what happens.

Yes, I know we will more than likely set up for a dour 0-0 that will result in the Environment Agency being scrambled to investigate the huge stink in north London; but God I hope we actually turn up with some belief and courage. Is that really too much to ask, now that we are safe?

Looking like we belong is all that matters imo. The players and manager should be really up for this game given the result yesterday. Passion and intent are essential, give the travelling fans something to cheer about. I’m not taking gung ho but let’s not see fear of attacking all game.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Boring thought it might be (and a bit pompous) but we should respect the fixture and not play (or even appear to play) as if 'on the beach'. There's a lot hanging on this match for other clubs so just as we expected Palace of all clubs and who, let's face it, had naff-all to play for, to 'turn up' against Cardiff, so should we. (Even if we bore the pants off everyone.)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Boring thought it might be (and a bit pompous) but we should respect the fixture and not play (or even appear to play) as if 'on the beach'. There's a lot hanging on this match for other clubs so just as we expected Palace of all clubs and who, let's face it, had naff-all to play for, to 'turn up' against Cardiff, so should we. (Even if we bore the pants off everyone.)

I agree, and have every confidence that is how it will be!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'd settle for a shot on target. Even though we'll have nothing to play for I know we'll be set up defensively to not concede again. Oh the fun.

It'll be piss poor if we do and the commentators will rightly slate us till the cows come home...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
nothing to lose .....just go out and have a go , put on a bit of a show for the fans....beat Arsenal and all ills will be forgotten.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’d like to see, as others have said, some attacking intent with a willingness to get on the ball and move up the pitch as a team.

That, and our brighter under 23s on the bench and the pitch for more than one min of injury time.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
It doesn't matter what we'd like to see. CH has been setting the team up all week in a defensive manner trying not to concede. He didn't know we'd be safe and he's too cautious/stubborn to change things now.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It doesn't matter what we'd like to see. CH has been setting the team up all week in a defensive manner trying not to concede. He didn't know we'd be safe and he's too cautious/stubborn to change things now.

Now i’m not really behind CH right now, but if he could change things so well in 15 mins vs Newcastle the other day it is fair to assume the system can be tweaked slightly to allow a little more freedom this afternoon.

That said, you’re probably right on the money. Sigh.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
4-3-3 March to start and one or both of molumby and sanders
We aren’t expected to win let’s have a look if we have anything in the u23s in a cm position who might be able to give us something incisive and pacey
I would really like to see cochrane at lb but that’s really wishful thinking

What about you?

Football, I'd like to see football.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
All of our supposed bad players having the game of their lives, proving they really are good.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not like we haven't tried that before. Arsenal are great on the break, so I can't imagine us pushing forward in numbers.

We aren’t expected to win let’s have a look if we have anything in the u23s in a cm position who might be able to give us something incisive and pacey
I would really like to see cochrane at lb but that’s really wishful thinking
I'd rather we look at other players in pre-season. The pressure is off, let Chris see if he can come up with a better formation for playing the top teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here