Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is there a Cardiff player worth us buying?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Etheridge would be a good back-up keeper, but I can't see him being value for money. Plus might stifle our younger talent.

People are crying out for Premier League experienced signings, but do we want the ones who've provern they can't keep a poor side up?

The Icelandic CDM played well against us, but I've not watched him in other games to know if an upgrade so doubt he'd be a big one except when fighting for our EPL lives.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The Icelandic CDM played well against us, but I've not watched him in other games to know if an upgrade so doubt he'd be a big one except when fighting for our EPL lives.

He's off in the summer to play in an Arab team. Today was his last home game after 8 seasons in Cardiff. On their forum, there are quite a few fans pleased to see him go, they say his legs have gone.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
At some point immediately after the match yesterday on the BT Sport coverage, one off the pundits actually said they should be able to keep their squad together. No Premier League teams will want ony of their players because they're not good enough.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
At some point immediately after the match yesterday on the BT Sport coverage, one off the pundits actually said they should be able to keep their squad together. No Premier League teams will want ony of their players because they're not good enough.

But they have taken 6 points from us and have evolved into a better team than us for the last third of this season!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
But they have taken 6 points from us and have evolved into a better team than us for the last third of this season!

Their three points from the match in Cardiff were a travesty.
We were dire for our home match.
I guess it says something about Warnock, which I hate to admit because I detest him.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Given that I think their top scorer only got 5 or 6 goals, I can't see them helping out our goal drought. Their leaky defence doesn't suggest much value either. A Championship outfit with Championship players?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Mendez-Laing has potential, but the question is - as others have pointed out - will we continue to spread our money over several ‘cheaper’ players, or go big on say 2 real names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Etheridge would be a good back-up keeper, but I can't see him being value for money. Plus might stifle our younger talent.

People are crying out for Premier League experienced signings, but do we want the ones who've provern they can't keep a poor side up?

Easier said than done. Realistically, where are we going to buy experienced PL players from? None of the non top 6 are going to sell us their first team regulars - can you imagine us selling someone like Duffy to Burnley or Bournemouth?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here