Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Is about to undergo knee surgery and will be ruled out until Xmas according to a reliable source..

Has played on through the pain the past couple of months and the club have decided to bring forward the operation that was planned for the summer.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Easy in hindsight but they really should have got on with it a couple of months ago. He's been no use to us at all and he may have been nearly fit for the new season if they'd got on with it. Realistically we will need a replacement in the transfer window.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is about to undergo knee surgery and will be ruled out until Xmas according to a reliable source..

Has played on through the pain the past couple of months and the club have decided to bring forward the operation that was planned for the summer.

No surprise, hasn't looked at all right in the little time he has played. Hope he makes a full recovery - be surprised if it takes until Christmas though

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
The worst kept secret in south coast football.

Genuinely think we may have seen the last of him in a Brighton shirt.

Being ruled out until Christmas gives us a chance to sign an overseas player of equal calibre stick him in the 25 man squad and then reassess Jose nearer the Jan transfer window. Such a shame as such an exciting player.

Perhaps this has been the strategy all along?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most unlike the modern Albion to let a player anywhere near the team when needing surgery.

This has been rumoured for a while, don’t understand why he wasn’t told to get the operation done. Maybe he didn’t want to as it scuppers his Colombia chances but they are now scuppered anyway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Being ruled out until Christmas gives us a chance to sign an overseas player of equal calibre stick him in the 25 man squad and then reassess Jose nearer the Jan transfer window. Such a shame as such an exciting player.

That’s a bit extreme players get injured all the time.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Not sure about the selling aspect, but certainly opens a place in the 25 man squad as no point registering if unable to play until next registration period

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Does this open the door to playing a different style and doing away with two wingers?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Apart from his lightening pace, there's not too much in Jose's game which we'll miss. He seems very head down and run which isn't particularly helpful when we've got just the one man upfront. I rate March higher as he's less predictable and much more a team player.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Apart from his lightening pace, there's not too much in Jose's game which we'll miss. He seems very head down and run which isn't particularly helpful when we've got just the one man upfront. I rate March higher as he's less predictable and much more a team player.

I rate March as a better all round footballer, but as an attacking option, when fully fit, Izquierdo scares the life out of defenders.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I know what you're getting at, but there have been some (albeit far too few, mixed with loads of mediocrity) , but the goals vs. Stoke (away) and West Ham (Home and Away) were superb...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I’d miss the goals he scored against West Ham and his great interplay for the goal against Stoke

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sad news for Izzy, I wish him well, but just consolidates my thoughts about last week.
Why on earth did CH start him in front of Solly and Knocky, especially if they knew he had a knee problem, wasnt match fit and wasnt going to help us beat Newcastle.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sad news for Izzy, I wish him well, but just consolidates my thoughts about last week.
Why on earth did CH start him in front of Solly and Knocky, especially if they knew he had a knee problem, wasnt match fit and wasnt going to help us beat Newcastle.

Dodgy and slightly desperate, incomprehensible management?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Dodgy and slightly desperate, incomprehensible management?

Made even more bizarre by the fact that there were plenty of other options available i.e. March, Knockaert, Locadia and Ali J all of whom have performed in that position at various times this season and ALL (including the latter two) have been more effective, christ even Bernardo could have played there.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Isquierdo our for season and operation

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17...ars-on-jose-izquierdo-but-his-season-is-over/

Well done on the posters who told us this ages ago .

Does beg the question why he wasn’t operated on immediately as has offered nothing since back .

Looks like will miss pre season yet again so will be playing catch up once again . Doubtful we will see the player we saw last season in my opinion .

Hope I’m wrong of course but would now say even more essential we sign a quality winger in the summer.

Oh and likely to be replaced in the squad by AJ - joy !!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He exclusively revealed to The Argus in March he had been comforted by the prayers of a friendly Colombian priest after suffering cartilage damage playing for his country at last summer’s World Cup, which eventually required surgery, and then sustaining a different tear to the same cartilage against Crystal Palace at the Amex in December.

Just goes to show that prayer doesn't tend to work in matters medical.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here