Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Multicultural Modern Britain

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
It’s still positive though that many of the mayors are from ethnic minority’s right?

I couldn't care less what their religion is Muslim or anything else, male or female, straight or gay - the only question I would have: 'is this the best person for the job?' - I am against somebody being elected solely on the grounds of representing their minority religion or colour when there maybe better candidates, with a sole purpose of fulfilling a quota.

Now if those people of your list are the best candidates for those areas then happy days...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If they’re good people , who cares what imaginary fairy god in the sky they believe in.
It’s not as if Christians have a great track record of respecting the positions of power they find themselves in.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Always wondered what shit kind of God wouldn't allow you to experience the joys of good wine and quality ales.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
If they’re good people , who cares what imaginary fairy god in the sky they believe in.
It’s not as if Christians have a great track record of respecting the positions of power they find themselves in.

Martian.

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I knew CR and I shared differing opinion on many matters but I never had him down as someone who was outright racist. I was wrong. Shame.

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
I think it would be a positive if they were all agnostic. but so long as their religion doesn't impact on their duties I don't really care.
Sadly, a Muslim will always put his religion 1st, even before his family. So whilst there will be checks and balances in the democratic council chambers, any perceived clash with his or her religious beliefs at the point a voting decision is required, will always fall in line with Islamic parameters.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the below is something we should see as a positive

Mayor of London ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Birmingham ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Leeds ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Blackburn ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Sheffield ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Oxford ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Luton ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Oldham ... MUSLIM
Mayor of Rockdale ...MUSLIM

Odd timing for a fishing trip. Almost like a good old binfest might detract attention from the local election thread???.

Still, quite happy to leave it running as a tribute to your ability to believe just about anything. Did you know that gullible has been taken out of the dictionary?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sadly, a Muslim will always put his religion 1st, even before his family.

Why do you post crap like this? Any person with a grain of intelligence person will know this is utter bolllocks. I have known a few Muslims over the years and none adhere to what you have posted. Neither do my Christian (catholic and CofE) friends for that matter. For sure some Muslims might, but then this can be said of most religions.

D

Deleted member 22389

Sadly, a Muslim will always put his religion 1st, even before his family. So whilst there will be checks and balances in the democratic council chambers, any perceived clash with his or her religious beliefs at the point a voting decision is required, will always fall in line with Islamic parameters.

Your quite right, but this is why it is important we promote British values especially to the younger generations. British values meaning equal opportunities for women, acceptance of LGBT and so on. Going on what happened a few months ago, article below it seems we have a very long way to go.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...hool-stops-lgbt-lessons-after-parent-protests

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your quite right, but this is why it is important we promote British values especially to the younger generations. British values meaning equal opportunities for women, acceptance of LGBT and so on. Going on what happened a few months ago, article below it seems we have a very long way to go.

https://www.theguardian.com/educati...hool-stops-lgbt-lessons-after-parent-protests

Brilliant. You obviously don’t even have a “grain of intelligence” then.

And in my mind British values mean tolerance.....and being able to use grammar and spell correctly.

D

Deleted member 22389

Brilliant. You obviously don’t even have a “grain of intelligence” then.

And in my mind British values mean tolerance.....and being able to use grammar and spell correctly.

Leave me alone. I gave my opinion, stop being bloody nasty all the time.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Leave me alone. I gave my opinion, stop being bloody nasty all the time.

Well stop being bloody stupid all the time then :shrug:

I was going to say at least threads like this highlight posters like [MENTION=32776]heathgate[/MENTION] and [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] who are looking for any opportunity to spread their racist views, but then you dive in, and I don't believe you are racist. Just stupid

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Then why, for example, did Sadiq Khan vote in favour of gay marriage and against higher taxes on alcoholic drinks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here