Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Tony Robinson Quits the Labour Party

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You said extreme Islam was trying to instil fear in you and I wondered how you were getting on with the "fear".

So why didn't you say that? And I didn't say I was in fear, I said they are trying to instil fear into us. But there are, without a doubt, people all over the world in fear of these extremist scum. That is what they are trying to do, are they not? The IRA tried to do the same to mainland Brits for two and more decades, that is what terrorism is all about, isn't it? But having lived in Holywood, Co. Down in the 80s and London for over a decade and working there for longer I can't say I fear it, but I am very wary of what goes on around me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So why didn't you say that? And I didn't say I was in fear, I said they are trying to instil fear into us. But there are, without a doubt, people all over the world in fear of these extremist scum. That is what they are trying to do, are they not? The IRA tried to do the same to mainland Brits for two and more decades, that is what terrorism is all about, isn't it? But having lived in Holywood, Co. Down in the 80s and London for over a decade and working there for longer I can't say I fear it but I am very wary of what goes on around me.

The IRA tried to kill me in Warrington and I've lived in London for years. The only thing I genuinely worry about is getting run over crossing the road.

In this country, I've never really understood the fear of terrorism and I'm not being glib. It's as if we have almost accepted the risk of things that are far more likely to kill us, but over inflate the things far less likely to.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The IRA tried to kill me in Warrington and I've lived in London for years. The only thing I genuinely worry about is getting run over crossing the road.

In this country, I've never really understood the fear of terrorism and I'm not being glib. It's as if we have almost accepted the risk of things that are far more likely to kill us, but over inflate the things far less likely to.

But my initial post was about fear and not phobia, the terrorists don't care if we support Labour or Tories, in fact they don't even care about mainstream muslims. I've heard the bombs in NI, I'm not adverse to a bit of realism. I'd be disgusted if the Labour party as a Government didn't have the same protectionism in force if they were in charge. I see no Islamophobia in Westminster, cross party.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Inconvenience incurred via security measures, economic costs of security measures just for starters.

We should skip all that and allow someone to blow us up, possibly? Are you working on numbers and thinking you have more chance of winning the lottery? Bit selfish?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But my initial post was about fear and not phobia, the terrorists don't care if we support Labour or Tories, in fact they don't even care about mainstream muslims. I've heard the bombs in NI, I'm not adverse to a bit of realism. I'd be disgusted if the Labour party as a Government didn't have the same protectionism in force if they were in charge.

This is the nonsense about Brexit and "taking back control". The reality is there is as "establishment" that for good (or bad) simply continues irrespective of the democratic process.

I don't believe we are any more protected under a Tory Government than Labour. We can attack Corbyn all we like about talking to terrorists, but the Tories were talking to IRA in the 80s behind the scenes but blatantly lying about it the electorate.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This is the nonsense about Brexit and "taking back control". The reality is there is as "establishment" that for good (or bad) simply continues irrespective of the democratic process.

I don't believe we are any more protected under a Tory Government than Labour. We can attack Corbyn all we like about talking to terrorists, but the Tories were talking to IRA in the 80s behind the scenes but blatantly lying about it the electorate.

Totally gone off on another tangent from the initial post you quoted me on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You do get no one believed these lies in the General Election, talk about flogging a dead horse

If you ever think this country would ever elect to the highest post a man of his obvious dubious support in the past, his policies, his demeanour, you are obviously mistaken. This man, your leader, opened up the Labour leader vote in such a way that he couldn't lose, sounds a bit Stalinist to me. Will they keep this after he has gone, which won't be long. Be interesting to see.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So nobody on the left has fear about Islam? I think you mistake phobia with fear, something the extreme Islam is trying to instil into us.

I think you posted this rather late and after a long week and few well earned bevvies, and ,at 01.00 am in the morning I fear you have hugely overestimated the seriousness of my post.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I think you posted this rather late and after a long week and few well earned bevvies, and ,at 01.00 am in the morning I fear you have hugely overestimated the seriousness of my post.

Don't patronise me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here