Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sir Tony Robinson Quits the Labour Party

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought with your vitriolic attack on Robinson, you may be a staunch Corbynista or whatever they call them. It was a tongue in cheek comment! :p

I am a Corbynista - He revived my interest in Politics. Unlike Tony Robinson. I actually let Labour Party Membership lapse after the Iraq War and have never rejoined.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Absolute Hypocrite - He stayed in it whilst Tony Blair went to War on Iraq and bombed innocent Civilians to death to merely ''cowe favour'' from a War Monger like George Bush - By all means leave if you want to leave but to leave screaming ''look at me - I have morals higher than those around me''

Jeremy Corbyn has a lot more compassion for Minority or Oppressed Groups of people than he will ever have. If you want to fight against these things you can only do it from within. Good Riddance if that is his attitude

You know that those minority and oppressed groups he's so fond of such as the IRA and Hamas also bomb innocent civilians right?

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Why anyone would quit the labour party now is beyond my comprehension

Attachments

• John-McDonnell-640x480.png
    John-McDonnell-640x480.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 323

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
celebrity doesnt like a political party, is their membership or otherwise important? im sure Labour central committee dont give a toss.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You know that those minority and oppressed groups he's so fond of such as the IRA and Hamas also bomb innocent civilians right?

My reference was to '' Groups of Individual People'' Not Political groups - The point you make is a separate discussion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
celebrity doesnt like a political party, is their membership or otherwise important? im sure Labour central committee dont give a toss.

I think you’re ignoring the roles he had within the party and beyond. He was a very active Labour member and working on the NEC for a few years. He is also a significant player in many apolitical charitable organizations which focus on things like poverty and the elderly.

In short, your post says more about your ignorance than Sir Tony.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don’t blame him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I think you’re ignoring the roles he had within the party and beyond. He was a very active Labour member and working on the NEC for a few years. He is also a significant player in many apolitical charitable organizations which focus on things like poverty and the elderly.

well that told me, yes im ignorant of his activity in the party. so is his departure a significant reflection on the party hierarchy? will it take any notice?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I'm not criticising Tony Robinson's decision but given he must have sweated over his statement it's a bit depressing that it took him three attempts to spell 'its' correctly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's that saying? There's none so blind as those who don't want to see. Just accept that not everything is as rosy in your beloved party instead of trying to shift blame.

To be fair, he's right.

That said, Mr Tony's cunning plan to give state funding to all religious schools was enough for me to burn my virtual membership card. Such a sorry end after the promising start (rescinding Clause Four, which triggered me joining after 40 years of umming and aahing).

And anyway, nobody with half an ounce of wherewithal would actually be a member of the Conservative and Unionist party now. Not even a unionist. Oh, hang on, there is

:timmy::lolol::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
well that told me, yes im ignorant of his activity in the party. so is his departure a significant reflection on the party hierarchy? will it take any notice?

Is that aftertiming or whataboutery? So hard to decide. :rolleyes:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Now now. You are forgetting the golden rule of NSC: never let well established facts get in the way of a whimsical and unfounded opinion :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Dunny on the Wold,a truly rotten borough.

adder.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
To be fair, he's right.

That said, Mr Tony's cunning plan to give state funding to all religious schools was enough for me to burn my virtual membership card. Such a sorry end after the promising start (rescinding Clause Four, which triggered me joining after 40 years of umming and aahing).

And anyway, nobody with half an ounce of wherewithal would actually be a member of the Conservative and Unionist party now. Not even a unionist. Oh, hang on, there is

:timmy::lolol::thumbsup:

Both parties deserve nothing less than voter dissatisfaction, which is what they got, and rightly so. Will it be a wake-up call to compromise over Brexit? Sadly, I doubt it and the Westminster Bubble will revert to its usual carry-on, oblivious to the mass of the population.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here