Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Taco Bell

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have tried this a couple of times now, more out of novelty than anything else. There is far better Mexican style food in Brighton for sure but both times I have a good feed for about a fiver.

One meal was a box with two hard shell tacos, a fajita and fries plus a bottomless soft drink. For a fiver. The fries are really very good.

Anyone else been or is it generally regarded as toilet?

I thought this was a bit low brow for the Restaurant thread :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When in the US, I love me some Taco Bell!

As a veggie there are still quite a few things (although refried beans is very often prevalent) and, as you say, you get a decent amount of food for your cash.

I've never had fries from there though - not sure I noticed they did them.

The kids are more into Asian food, so Yo, Itsu and Wagamama are our regular quick bites when in Brighton, so I've yet to try the Taco Bell there. I think there's one in Chichester too...

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When in the US, I love me some Taco Bell!

As a veggie there are still quite a few things (although refried beans is very often prevalent) and, as you say, you get a decent amount of food for your cash.

I've never had fries from there though - not sure I noticed they did them.

The kids are more into Asian food, so Yo, Itsu and Wagamama are our regular quick bites when in Brighton, so I've yet to try the Taco Bell there. I think there's one in Chichester too...

Wagamama is solid and I like it there, Itsu is my preferred. Never tried Yo Sushi.

There is a predominately vegetarian cafe/restaurant near Waterstones that used to be called Feed but it’s got a new name now. Fantastic veggie food.

The Taco Bell fries with a light spicy coating with a side order of cheese (liquid, fluorescent yellow yank style) are a thing of beauty.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Taco Bell is just the McDonalds of Mexican food. Cheap enough and you know what you're getting but hardly great quality.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Didn’t like Wagamama tbh, dishes don’t turn up in order hardly any duck just seemed expensive for 90% rice and noodles.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Taco Bell is just the McDonalds of Mexican food. Cheap enough and you know what you're getting but hardly great quality.

Not sure anyone is suggesting otherwise. I'd long been surprised that Taco Bell, or another company, hadn't brought that food to the UK.

I guess we now have Wahaca at the casual dining step-up-from-fast-food level. Taco Bell's rollout in the UK seems to be pretty slow-paced still.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

For proper good Asian food in Brighton, take your kids to Pompoko - lightyears ahead of Wagamama. They'll thank you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For proper good Asian food in Brighton, take your kids to Pompoko - lightyears ahead of Wagamama. They'll thank you.

When I posted that it dawned on me what a chain-ridden list that was, which is curious because when out in Worthing we actively avoid the chains. We have fewer of them though, I guess.

We haven't been to Wagamama for a long time as sushi generally wins the day.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
On Sunday it's Cinco de Mayo in the States, best day for Mexican food

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here