Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] 40 Years Ago- May 3rd 1979- The UK's First Female Prime Minister Is Elected...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The devil’s representative. Loathsome woman. The world is better off without her.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Whilst I quite agree . . . . . she's now looks better than any of the other ***** we've had since. . . the whole country is a ****ing shambles, started in the early 70's and is still sliding down a shitty slope with drawing pins in it, to a cesspit a gnats below hell.

The devil’s representative. Loathsome woman. The world is better off without her.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
She’d have banged heads together and sorted Brexit though.

Although there is no way she would have let it go to a vote.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
She did many things that needed doing, where others had failed. She also did things that were divisive. She would have sorted the current UK mess out one way or the other, as a leader she was exceptional. As a person she was not very nice.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Down hill since...:whistle:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope, she brought this country to it’s knees. A cruel woman, better off dead.

Idiotic statement. You don't get voted in 3 times in a democracy being that. You might have disliked her but that's rather an exaggeration.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
3rd. May 1979. Black day that was. Start of ten years of flogging everything worthwhile off cheap to buy votes to keep the cow on power.

RIP (and the 'R' doesn't stand for 'rest')

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I didn't especially like her either, but millions did and that's democracy for yer. :)

I agree. There are millions of people that did very well out of her brand of cruelty. Very well indeed . She allowed trading deregulation making overnight millionaires out of cocky young Londoners, paving the way for the financial crashes of the 90’s and ensuring the taxpayer footed the bill.
She privatised industry creating the extortionate and inefficient railway network we have today and the ultra high energy tariffs.

Tried to smash the unions to smithereens.

Would have left the Falklands to rot if there had not been an opportunity to get re-elected out of it.

As I say, she bought this country to it’s knees.

Bloody terrible woman.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I agree. There are millions of people that did very well out of her brand of cruelty. Very well indeed . She allowed trading deregulation making overnight millionaires out of cocky young Londoners, paving the way for the financial crashes of the 90’s and ensuring the taxpayer footed the bill. Bloody terrible woman.

But we get who we vote for as a collective and money / personal gain trumps everything sadly. I'm personally still waiting for the revolution; the green, inde and LD gains overnight gives me hope because there's never been a worse time in history since Cromwell for politics in this country IMO! Must dash, have a good day! :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree. There are millions of people that did very well out of her brand of cruelty. Very well indeed . She allowed trading deregulation making overnight millionaires out of cocky young Londoners, paving the way for the financial crashes of the 90’s and ensuring the taxpayer footed the bill.
She privatised industry creating the extortionate and inefficient railway network we have today and the ultra high energy tariffs.

Tried to smash the unions to smithereens.

Would have left the Falklands to rot if there had not been an opportunity to get re-elected out of it.

As I say, she bought this country to it’s knees.

Bloody terrible woman.

I remember and lived through the previous Labour government run by the Trade Unions, so I was a fan of MT although I got none of the benefits you mention.

Labour were doing an excellent job of bringing the country to it’s knees before her too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here