Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Players our of Contract this Summer

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If wages were no object then from that list then I'll take Herrera, Mata, A. Pereira and Milner would all strengthen our squad but chances of any of them signing for us are minimal. If it was extended to players who had Premier League experience then I'd happily take Balotelli too

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t think our recruitment will change that much. We will take a chance on some foreign players because to get proven top quality from the Premier or top Championship we will have to pay well over 20m a throw. Probably better than the players we have signed but can’t see that approach. Also wages....
Would love Giroud and Mata of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would bite your arm off for Milner - he’s exactly the sort of leader we need. No chance wages wise though.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Mata would be great thank you very much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No Albion players on that list, or were the ones that are not deemed fit to be re signed?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Giroud and Valencia please.

...and mata

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This time last year on a similar thread I suggested Milner's but he has proved to have been an asset to Liverpool this season and will continue for next. He is the type of player we need if Proper joins Ajax, as rumoured.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would they break the wage structure though based on no transfer fee and each million saved is c£20k a week in wages?

If you gave Milner 100k a week for 2 years you’d be looking at a 10 million outlay. (Compare that to someone of our transfer fees and associated wages)

Explaining that to the rest of the squad would be something new for the dressing room though, however bringing in quality increases the chances of staying up and directly earning the squad another year of Brighton premier league wages and maybe a new negotiation staying up bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here