Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Great Escape 2019

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
With the biggest new music festival in Europe due to kick off a week today, what are NSC's music cognoscenti most looking forward to ?

What are your top pics?

Having gone through the list, the Australians & Canadians are strong this year.

Last years breakout act was Idles. Who will this years be ?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I get the emails about this. I got one today, and I know they are new acts, but i've not heard of any of them - I'm showing my age!

I did go there yeeeaaars ago, when it was called something else, and Echobelly were on.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn't mind them playing it this time immediately after the final whistle if we get a point against Man City and survive. I felt it was the wrong tune to play immediately after the end of the Man U game last season - it should have been GOSBTS.

(And yes I know now that the thread is about something else - but I didn't know that when I opened it and I'd already decided what I was going to post)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wouldn't mind them playing it this time immediately after the final whistle if we get a point against Man City and survive. I felt it was the wrong tune to play immediately after the end of the Man U game last season - it should have been GOSBTS.

(And yes I know now that the thread is about something else - but I didn't know that when I opened it and I'd already decided what I was going to post)

Anything to drown out the city fans who might be celebrating the title.....be interesting to see if that’s the case and us doing likewise (re our staying up)....are we going to tell them they can get presented with the trophy in the car park ...whilst our players come back out to do the normal end of season walk round the pitch :moo:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst I'm not able to go, i'd definitely be there for Maisie Peters if I could. Immensely talented, and a local gal as well (hails from Steyning, I believe).

Used to love GTE, I haven't been since 2009 sadly, but that was a great event: Idlewild, Metric, Danananakroyd and especially Future Of The Left were highlights for me.

SicilianHungary

Dec 5, 2015
Only doing Thursday this year, just because I feel I can't abandon my workmates for what will probably be a very busy night with Foals on the Friday. I have a whole playlist covering the three days but highlights include;

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here