Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've lived in Worthing nearly 20 years and no matter what type of election it is, the Tories never bother canvassing as they know they will win anyway. As I have never voted Tory in my life, and never will, I used to vote for whichever candidate came and knocked on my door. This time around nobody from Labour, LibDems or Greens came a-knocking. Maybe they have given up trying to oust the Tories too.
    To be honest, most door knockers are just volunteers. In the present climate, I don't expect the anger, abuse and even physical attacks and threats is that appealing to your average political canvasser.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brovion View Post
      It's a shame that people can't separate national and local politics. These elections are nothing to do with Corbyn's views on Brexit (or indeed Brexit full stop) or the 'performance' of our tragically-inept government - this is about local services. Go and vote for the people you think can do that best. (Labour, obviously).

0 Not allowed!
      Politicians can’t be be bothered collectively to look after the well being of our country so I have no intention of waisting my time voting in these local elections, I’m in the Hangleton & Knoll ward fwiw.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by stewart12 View Post
      I'm thinking that Labour are going to take a big old pummeling in Brighton & Hove. There isnt really a viable right option to punish the Tories with but I can see the Greens and less so Lib Dems hoovering up the centre and left vote from Labour
      You haven't been round these parts for long, I'd imagine. Fortunately the Green surge that began a few decades back has put paid to the Lib Dems. What's happened in B&H will hopefully happen soon enough in national politics. They're an irrelevance, and I blame that doe-eyed one that's currently sucking up to Zuckerberg for their travails.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      It's a shame that people can't separate national and local politics. These elections are nothing to do with Corbyn's views on Brexit (or indeed Brexit full stop) or the 'performance' of our tragically-inept government - this is about local services. Go and vote for the people you think can do that best. (Labour, obviously).
      Because the different parties have different visions for our city and, as a consequence, will try and bring about different policies. It's a local election, and local councils' power was drastically reduced by the centralising Thatcher, but there are still certain levers that local councils can pull.
      ESU Zimmer Crew

0 Not allowed!
      I come under Horsham although I live near Steyning. Two votes for five candidates. Two Tories standing and one for UKIP, Labour and Green. I don't vote anything right of centre so my votes came through default. Tories will win.
      Quote Originally Posted by sydney View Post
      Was that when we took Bejams....?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Correct

Apart from the last bit, obviously!
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      In Worthing I'm voting Lib Dem.

The Tory chap who knocked on my door seemed decent enough, and tried to distance himself from the shambolic show going on in national politics right now, but I can't completely divorce the two, which is why Labour is also out of my own personal equation.
      That's a shame.

Whatever you think of the handling of Brexit and the general incompetence of the Govt. these elections are about local issues. Not Theresa May (or Jeremy Corbyn)

These are about your Council Tax, levels of Recycling , local services, upkeep of parks and leisure facilities etc.and how hard you feel your local Councillor has worked and represented you over the past 4 years.

If you want to give the Tories a bloody nose, wait until the Euro Elections.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      To be honest, most door knockers are just volunteers. In the present climate, I don't expect the anger, abuse and even physical attacks and threats is that appealing to your average political canvasser.
      In my ward in Worthing I had the Labour candidate and supporters knock on my door. No sign of the Lib-dem/ Tory candidates, in my ward. It used to be a Tory safe seat but went Lib-dem a couple of times in the last 20 years but last time the Lib dem vote collapsed and Labour came a very close second..
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

6 Not allowed!
      I’ve just gone round Westdene putting leaflets in every door telling them the vote is tomorrow if you want to vote Tory. Only a gag like saying a football match is postponed and it’s not , hopefully everyone will find it funny